New member with (I think) a Ridgeback mix Introductions

Discussion in 'Rhodesian Ridgeback' started by DGarner211, Sep 21, 2017.

1. DGarner211

DGarner211 New Member

Name:
    David Garner

New member with (I think) a Ridgeback mix

Hi folks. I'm David and I recently adopted Red, a 2-3 year old hound mix. Based on his hair, webbed feet, eyes and general appearance, my vet thinks he is a Ridgeback mixed with possibly a Redbone Coonhound. He is ridgeless but otherwise favors those breeds, or maybe a Plott Hound. Any thoughts on whether we're on the right track regarding this boy's breed? Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_0007.JPG IMG_0006.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    DGarner211 likes this.
    Welcome to the forum from myself and Mr Bronson. Your boy looks like a ridgeback, but I'm not as knowledgeable on your breed sorry, but even if he isn't he's a lovely looking dog.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    DGarner211 likes this.
    Welcome to the forum. Red is a very good looking dog with a definite Ridgeback head. I'm afraid I can't say more than that, but I hope one of our US members might be able to recognise the hound characteristics, when they drop by.
  5. DGarner211

DGarner211 New Member

Name:
    David Garner
    Thanks folks. He sure is a great dog. He’s at the vet getting neutered today. We pick him up tomorrow. Hopefully he’ll have a quick recovery.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    DGarner211 likes this.
    Hello David - welcome to you and Red to Breedia from Tikva and from me :039: Red is very handsome and looks extremely comfortable in his new home, and I hope he recovers very quickly from his neutering.
  7. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    DGarner211 likes this.
    Hello there David,
    Welcome to Breedia to you are and your doggy addition! Hope the neutering went well.
    Jane
    xx
  8. PaulainPoole

PaulainPoole New Member

Name:
    Paula
    DGarner211 likes this.
    Hi David,
    Red looks a very handsome boy, no idea what he is crossed with but I hope he settles in with you all.
  9. DGarner211

DGarner211 New Member

Name:
    David Garner
    He came through his surgery fine. If anything, we're going to have to be real careful to keep him from busting a stitch. He wants to run and that's apparently a no-no for the next week.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    DGarner211 likes this.
    It is good to hear that he came through the surgery OK but I do not envy you trying to keep a big lad like him from running. Not that I had any success keeping my small girls from jumping within hours of being spayed. :oops:
  11. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    I would say looks like ridgeback mix or cur mix. Very nice looking dog.
  12. Sasta's Mom

Sasta's Mom New Member

Name:
    Janelle Holyoak
    Hope he recovered quickly our Sasta did pop a stitch but over all recovered quickly. I am still learning about RRs but he does look like RR from the front anyway but he seems a little thinner than most RR (males) are but that could be the other breeds mixed in - let us know if you find anything else out.