New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    He is doing brilliantly thanks. Woke up this morning and after 2 nights of little accidents (and howling) which is understandable, I didn't find any little 'presents' when I got up today. He's been getting used to his little harness I have for him, has learned to sit and fetch his toy. Follows me absolutely everywhere. I was tempted to have him in bed with me, especially when he was crying at night but I resisted. He's an absolute dream to have. He makes everyday worth getting up for now.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka, Janet and CaroleC like this.
    20170831_234432.jpg
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Wonderful! I miss having a dog on [not in] my bed as first Lexi and then Pereg slept on my bed, one each side, but Tikva sleeps in her crate at the end of my bed, where I could hear her eep when she wanted a bottle when I first brought her home, far too young but I had no choice.

She will still eep to wake me when she needs to go out - that is if I am trying to sleep in a bit and she wants our for a pee and a poo!

May we please have some more pictures of Mr Bronson? Oh, and please give him more cuddles from me!
  5. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Oh of course. 20170816_133001.jpg
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    You are so lucky that I am such a long way from you or I would happily puppynap Mr Bronson! He is absolutely adorable!
    [​IMG]
  7. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    So, how has everyone else's weekend been? I feel like I've hogged the page so much :-(
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No you have not hogged the page. This is your thread, yours and Mr Bronson's, and I hope I speak for us all when I say it is a delight and pleasure to have you both as a part of the Breedia family. :)

Please just keep on posting, because we are all here together.with our love for dogs.
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Innocence likes this.
    Thank you from me and Mr Bronson.
  10. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    God I just had a nightmare half an hour. Mr Bronson fell off the sofa and was hobbling about and I thought he'd broke one of his legs or his back, but thankfully he's ok and playing with his toys now. God I know what it must be like to have children now. I felt sick, was shaking. I was trying to stay calm so he wouldn't pick up on it.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Oh dear, what a worry. I'm glad he is OK and all ended well. I once had a show prospect Cavalier puppy that took a flying leap off a sofa and semi-dislocated her shoulder, (similar injury to what happens to rugby players). My vet said that there would always be a weakness, and my pack were hooligans, so I re-homed her as a companion to an elderly lady. Since then, we do have dogs on our knees for a cuddle, but they are not allowed on furniture on their own.
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Thank you. If I leave the room for even a second now I won't leave him on the sofa. It was only because he's been so good on there until now. I'm a softie and love my cuddles. The worse thing was, I'd had a couple of drinks and didn't know what to do? A lesson learned definitely!
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please do not beat yourself up - these things happen. And not just to puppies either! My daughter broke her collarbone by rolling off her quite low bed. This was soon after my son had graduated from a cot to a bed and they were both playing at this "new" game. Only she landed badly. She also broke a femur before she was two-years-old, just by pulling herself up in her cot. This was in hospital, the day after they had taken off her full body cast.

Pereg tumbled off my very high bed more than a few times when she was a puppy - she would not settle anywhere but on my bed with Lexi, but she never hurt herself.

Sometimes you cannot stop puppies, and young children, from climbing on furniture, falling off furniture - little Tikva managed to get on my couch when she was really very small, and tumbled off it at times, because although she somehow managed to get up on it she just did not know how to get down.

Anyhow, I hope Mr Bronson is OK this morning so please stop thinking you did the wrong thing by leaving him on your sofa. More cuddles for him as well from me please. And maybe a little hug for you? :052:
  14. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    Thank you. He's been getting cuddles and treats all day. I'll give him some extra special ones especially for you. :)
  15. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Just took this! 20170905_181306.jpg
  16. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sweet! He looks a very confident puppy.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Adorable is not the word - Mr Bronson is a little chunk of gorgeousness! Just look at that face - :007: :007: :007: xxx
  18. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    I know he never fails to make me smile. He sometimes has his bottom lip showing and it looks like he's pouting. Super cute!
  19. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    :)
  20. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka likes this.
    :)
  21. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Does anyone else's dog sleep with their feet resting on you? Lulu Dog used to do it and i noticed Mr Bronson likes to do it too. It's like he has to have his feet planted for security.