New owner General Chat

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by BronsonTheBulldog, Aug 25, 2017.

1. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Thanks. It is so nice to just sit and listen to the sound of the water, nothing else, no traffic noise and no people (most of the time).
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
    Oh look it's 21.00 hours. That means it must be 'Drink O' Clock'!
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    'My signature Dessert, and how to make it'

Cut a giant muffin in half and put a giant cookie in the middle like a sandwich and warm it in the microwave to soften them. Then toast some breakfast waffles and put them round the muffin. Get Ben and Jerry's half baked ice cream and cover the waffles in that. A big helping of chocolate or toffee sauce. Finally, squirty cream over the top and use either Maltesers or peanut M&M's, or both if you wanna spoil yourself.
    And that's my 'Super Mega Dessert'!
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    :078:
  6. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Does anyone else's dog go mental if there's a storm coming? Because Mr Bronson is absolutely crazy tonight!
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    None of mine did but I know from the Epi List that many people said that changes in atmospheric pressure, such as before a storm, were triggers for their dogs, and some people would post warnings of storms that were forecast, so "Thunder Shirts" could be put on their dogs. Pereg was never affected though.

Tikva will bark at sudden loud noises but more in reaction to being than anything else, although if there is a prolonged thunderstorm she tends to hide between my chair and the bookshelves.
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I can't remember any of my dogs sensing a storm coming, but I had two dogs which absolutely went to pieces during a thunderstorm. Neither of them were in the slightest bit bothered by fireworks.
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yea, it wasn't so much a storm just a pressure change with some rain. The reason I mentioned it was, I noticed this behaviour change with My Lulu Dog a few years ago, and it was before a bad storm and she was doing her nut!
  10. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    CaroleC likes this.
  11. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    What a clanger for Sainsbury's. I wonder if they can be sued for the vet bills?
  12. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yea pretty irresponsible.
  13. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Well, after some delay, because the breeders vets 1st vaccine and my vets ones not being compatible, (well that's what they said, probably to get more money out of me) Mr Bronson took his first steps into the big wide world today. He was very good and met some new people. I thought he might have been nervous because in the garden, on the lead, he didn't want to move, but as soon as he got outside he was sniffing round like a good un! :023:
  14. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Well done Mr Bronson! Did he meet any other dogs?
  15. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Well done Mr Bronson! There will be no stopping him now, Gareth, but please only very short walks at the moment. I wish my little devil would agree to go out for walks but she will not - sitting on my lap while I buzz around is not my idea of taking her out :mad:
  16. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    There were some dogs in the distance but no meeting as of yet.
  17. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Yea, it was only out the front of the house for 5-10 mins, to stretch his legs and have a good sniff of some new smells and to learn how to say hello nicely. :D
  18. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    I've been sweating and feeling sick all morning. I can't stop worrying and shaking...
    I'M DOWN TO THE LAST 7% ON MY SKY+ BOX!!!
  19. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    We only have Freeview & FreeSat so I can't comment on that one.
  20. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    This is dreadful. A similar thing happened to me recently and I had to make the horrendous decision to delete some things I recorded a couple of years ago and have still not got round to watching. And now I never will.

Life can be so cruel.
  21. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    The good thing about Sky+ is, you can delete a few things to free up space, watch what's left on your planner and then restore the other deleted programs. That way there's always room. You pretty much have twice the space that way.