Nobody messes with Tikva... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Oct 19, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Nobody messes with Tikva...

...especially stray dogs which come into our yard. I heard sharp yelping and got out in time to see the large scruffy dog disappearing down the road with its tail between its legs, and Tikva looking very triumphant!

She is now examining every stone in the yard with her nose, and quietly muttering to herself.

I wish I knew what she was saying! :D
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Good girl !
    Saying that, having unwelcome visitors is always a worry and can end in tears !
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure about tears but when Pereg saw off a stray one time she ended up with a puncture hole on her back which needed a vet call-out for cleaning and suturing - and it is thought that the shock of the attack triggered the epilepsy that was dormant in her, as she had her first GM epileptic seizure not long afterwards, although she showed no adverse reaction to either the bite or the subsequent cleaning and stapling of the wound.

The next dog that tried it ended up under Pereg, screeching blue murder.
  5. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    That sounds a horrible experience that you went through, both of you
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It did not seem to bother Pereg - I am not sure if the vet who came out was a new assistant vet or a locum as I had never seen her before, Ram having always looked after both Lexi and Pereg [and now Tikva] but she came prepared with a soft muzzle and asked if Pereg would bite... nope, she does not bite! Nothing to shave round the wound though so she used the clippers I cut my hair with, and Pereg stood absolutely still while her would was flushed out with peroxide and then poviodine, and then stapled.

Having taken out countless stitches in the past but never staples - I had even gotten Ram to use stitches when he spayed her - so I had to ask how to remove them. Surprising how easy it was with a pair of curved embroidery scissors and a dog as placid as Pereg :)

I cannot see Tikva being so good for me though - Ram used staples when he spayed her and Michal, her then primary vet, came round to remove them.
  7. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hi there,
    Goooooo Tikva Gooooo Tikva! No one gets past her. :rolleyes::D
    Jane
    x

Tikva: AAAAAArgh that blasted stray again.
    (teaches it a lesson):021::071::096:
    Stray: :100::010:
    Tikva::019:

DISCLAIMER: TIKVA ONLY GETS LIKE THIS WHEN TRESPASSERS ENTER THE YARD AS A RESULT OF PROTECTING JULI.