Northern Inuit Dog and Utonagan - Owners Thread Discussions

Discussion in 'Utonagan' started by Kalasin, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Brandykins

Brandykins Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Rosemary
    Aw many thanks and Loki says a thank you as well:) xx
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Vorlich Lad

Vorlich Lad New Member

Name:
    Thomas
    [​IMG][/IMG]I rescued a Northern Inuit from Dogs Trust two years ago. She was one year old and really full of herself. Very dominant. She lives with my four other dogs, two labs and two other rescue crosses. She is great with children and mostly with other dogs. She has had a couple of spats with the other females in my pack. But I love her confident playful character. She can be demanding if allowed to be. But I have found it really easy to train her and she loves to work.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 4, 2011
  4. inkliveeva

inkliveeva New Member

Name:
    Elaine
    shes beautiful, wonder if the girl close to me has her sister,she recued a female same as you dogs trust 2 yrs ago, shes her image xx

forgot to say shes in falkirk x
  5. Vorlich Lad

Vorlich Lad New Member

Name:
    Thomas
    I believe she was originally from a breeder in Lanarkshire
  6. omalleycat

omalleycat New Member

Name:
    alice
    Hi everyone - just thought i'd introduce myself as a newbie and show some photos of my beautiful 7 month old. She's called Panda (short for pandora, although we never actually call her pandora!). Her mother was a N.I, father a white german shepherd. She has an amazing temperament - loves every person she meets and eager to play with any dog regardless of size.

was hoping you'd be able to give me some advice on some things though - whenever she sees another dog, her hackles always go up. she seems friendly, but i think naturally dominant. she's never been in a fight or bitten another dog, but she doesnt really get the hint if another dog snaps or barks at her, and she'll quite often keep throwing herself at them. should i be worried about this, and if so what can i do?

thanks for your help
    x
    ps i've enjoyed looking at the photos of all of your dogs - beautiful!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.ne...5218080643_757015642_23153484_754681197_n.jpg

[​IMG]
  7. Angie1966

Angie1966 New Member

Name:
    Angie
    Aaaw, she's beautiful!

Raising the hackles isn't necessarily a sign of aggression, it can be an indication of over stimulation/excitement.

If you haven't done so already, I think you need to enrol with a reputable training club, it sounds as though she needs to learn some doggy etiquette :grin:
  8. dragonfly

dragonfly New Member

Name:
    Sarah
    Oh my goodness! what stunning stunning dogs!
    I had to subscribe to this thread just so that I can see any future pictures you all post :grin:
  9. idleRAT

idleRAT New Member

Name:
    idle
    Same here :lol: Such a range of dogs, but all gorgeous! I must admit though, I like the white ones best :blush:
  10. Jenkel

Jenkel New Member

Name:
    Julie
    Julestar DreamCatcher (Jena) 4yr old this May.

from this

[​IMG]

to this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Julie
  11. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Lovely pictures.:grin:
  12. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    Glad he grew into those ears ...lol
  13. Razcox

Razcox New Member

Name:
    Rachel
    Bless her photos of Jena as a pup always remind me of bat fink!! ;)

Need to put some up to date pictures of the girls on photo bucket but in the mean time here is Raina

[​IMG]

And Ela

[​IMG]
  14. Jenkel

Jenkel New Member

Name:
    Julie
    Always liked your girls Rachel, Ela has that same sweet expression that Jena has.

Julie