Norwegian Buhund, any info on this breed? Discussions

Discussion in 'Norwegian Buhund' started by jesterjenn, Jan 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elaineb

elaineb New Member

Name:
    Elaine

What did the breeder say, is she willing to take Buddy back do you think?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Ah gotcha thanks Elaine.

That would be fantastic then as presumably it is quite bad timing with new pups around, though who knows the breeder may have the facilities or even her own temp home in mind now she knows about Buddy.

That would be a great ending :)
  4. basi

basi New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Hopefully the breeder is trying to sort something out for Buddy, I can't see her letting him stay where he is.
  5. suraq

suraq New Member

Name:
    susie
    HI everyone who has been concerned about little buddy, i work closely with dwuk the rescue advertising Buddy. this is to let you all know, buddy's welfare has been sorted.
    i have spoken to the breed rescue and things have now been clarified between us after nasty chinese whispers were sent. i do not usually comment on forums but i think in this case, all concerned persons should have there minds put at rest. buddy is safe in his home. he has been withdrawn from our website due to the situation at home being looked into and hopefully dealt with. may i just suggest if anyone has at anytime a problem with a dog beng advertised on our site contact us. do not go off half cocked to other rescues, it can cause and nearly did in this case very hard feeling. we are a rescue who take any dog no matter the breeding. we do not turn away dogs because they are x breeds and we do work with other rescues. there is no difference between us homing a particular breed to a breed rescue homing it. we all have the dog's welfare at heart.
    thank you for taking the time to read this post
  6. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Thanks. Its just a shame that breed rescue wasnt contacted in the first instance by his owners or yourselves when you were approached. This would of been avoided then.
  7. basi

basi New Member

Name:
    jenny
    Thanks for the update on this.
  8. youngstevie

youngstevie

Thank you for the update.

Such a shame then the the owner didn't get in touch with the NB rescue then, this would of been avoided for you.
  9. youngstevie

youngstevie

Excellently put.
  10. suraq

suraq New Member

Name:
    susie

i would like to put some of my own views forward and before i do, i would like to make a public statment,it is not to be taken for granted they are the views of DogWatchUK.

you seem to have a problem with rescue dogs being sterilised. or is just rescue dogs that are cruft qualified. did you realise if he had gone to NB rescue he would have been castrated?
    in the economic climate so many people are having to give up their beloved friend (dog) that maybe instead of breeding more bodies to end up in the pound morgue Breeders could make a jugdement call and say enough for a year or two.
    i notice no one has come forward and said the staffy rescues should take all the staffies from the other rescues.
    i shall not post again on this subject as i am sure i have made my views on the reasons for sterilistion clear.
    if not..........once more...... check the dead bodies in the local vets and the pound morgue

as for seto i was contacted by the owner via DWUK to help him as he has to leave the poor old soul for up to 17 hours per day and i am also led to believe gsd rescue are also involved.
  11. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Hi Suraq :) may I just add something here. I think it is always worth contacting a breed rescue about rehoming a dog if the breeder can't help , some of the less well known breeds have a waiting list of prospective owners.

Because there are so many Staffs in rescue it would be impossible for the breed rescue to take them all but it is still worth contacting breed rescues in your local area in case they know of someone looking for a particular type of dog, there is certainly nothing to lose by doing this.
  12. youngstevie

youngstevie

To defend my post I have no problem with Castration....all my dogs are castrated, I am a firm believer.
    I have no problem with DWUK and thier policies, from what I have heard you are a very good rescue and work hard.
    Regards the Staffy Rescues I couldn't agree more but then this is a breed that is breed by BYB etc., and vast in quantity...I think your site itself shows more SBTs / bull types than say NB breeds, as does Birmingham Dogs home etc., and until we can educate people that a dog (whatever the breed) is for life I am sure all rescues including yourself, will be buldging at the seams.
    I am sure a ethnic SBT breeder would have a puppy back too if the person could no longer keep it.

What I DO have a problem with is people who take on rescues or rehome a dog from someone else then uses....... the Rescue that they have clearly told others they help out at....to rehome that dog/s when things don;t work out.

As I said surely this is not helping the rescue they work at surely this is only hindering.
    I understand fully what your saying, but I also understand fully what has been written in different posts from a member on this forum.
    I think too that a person should learn from thier mistakes and I sympathise with anyone if this happens....but when it more than once I personally think it is becoming a habit.
    Maybe it is not I but you that is becoming defensive, if you read anything I have written about DWUK I have been nothing but polite.

I presumme you are Susie who runs DWUK...which Is what the member I spoke of has pm'd me and said that you are:lol:
  13. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    I feel for this poor dog. Hopefully he will find his perfect forever home with someone who understands the breed and his own specific needs.
  14. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    I think its great that you do such a good job -
    I think we have had the dissucssion before about general breed rescues and breed specific rescues. ALL of whom do a great job.

I personally feel that (more especially with rare breeds) a specific breed rescue is worth contacting....After all - they will often have homes checked and waiting...and surely that is the aim of all rescue centres - to find ALL dogs great forever homes?

I hope this guy finds a place soon :)
  15. basi

basi New Member

Name:
    jenny
    My thoughts exactly!
  16. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    having a litter of pups is no excuse for not taking the dog back, when any breeder starts out, they must know its a chance that may happen, she should be prepared to take the dog back and work round it,
    it may make things a bit like hard work, but nothings impossible,
    I know no matter what the sinario, I would take anything of mine back.

ETA: poss the breeder made a huge mistake when homing this pup, but she should still sort out her own mess.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2010
  17. Borderdawn

Borderdawn New Member

Name:
    Dawn
    Personally, I think there is more to this "story" than meets the eye.
  18. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    same here, this thread has confused me somewhat :)blush:) but if i have got it right (probably havent though :roll: :lol:), it seems the poor boy has been through quite a bit and deserves his forever home.
  19. lozzibear

lozzibear New Member

Name:
    Lauren
    i agree... im so confused lol, it doesnt make sense to me so i think there must be more to it...
  20. jesterjenn

jesterjenn New Member

Name:
    Jeni
    I fully agree...
  21. Shona

Shona

Name:
    shona
    I think your right hun, the kennel name I have for the dog doesnt tie in with the current owners,

I had a quick peek at the breeders web site, It looks as though this person is pretty clued up,
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.