Norwegian Buhund, anyone know any/ General Chat

Discussion in 'Norwegian Buhund' started by mse2ponder, Aug 30, 2009.

1. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte

Norwegian Buhund, anyone know any/

I've just seen an ad on a freead site for a Norwegian Buhund. I have to say, I hadn't even heard of the breed, but they look lovely. Anyone know any Buhunds? This one is apparently Crufts 2010 qualified and £50 - I wonder if it's a scam or something?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Simira

Simira New Member

Name:
    Simira
    He's for sale? Can you give me a link or something? I believe that a buhund was the best Norwegian dog on the last big official Kennel Club Show.
    It is not unusual for Norwegian breeders to "sell off" some dogs if they have too many. But I am not sure if someone would sell a Crufts qualified... and definitely not at that price, unless there are some special conditions. Breeding terms, maybe?
  4. Tupacs2legs

Tupacs2legs New Member

Name:
    layla
    no, they are a kc registered breed,i used to know a sibe breeder that bred them as well,i like them.but £50! they're not that easy to get.(maybe they missed a zero by mistake)
  5. Simira

Simira New Member

Name:
    Simira
    In Norway, they cost at least 12000 NOK, that is something like £1300.
    They are not too common, I know they are working to get more of them.
  6. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    Simira, he's in Gainsborough on G Tree.

Yep, definitley sounds like they missed a zero - even so, I'd be surprised that a fairly 'niche' breed would be on a freead site? I thought they'd get moved on through a breed rescue or something - or maybe they're more popular that I'd realised? I just thought that it might be a scam because of the price. I really like them too..! I'm just imagining trotting off to Crufts with my £50 Buhund in tow (it' got to be a must be a mistake or a something)!
  7. Simira

Simira New Member

Name:
    Simira
    They're somewhat popular in Norway, or at least getting to it. But not very much abroad that I know of.

I can't seem to find the ad...
  8. mse2ponder

mse2ponder New Member

Name:
    Charlotte
    Here's the ad:

http://hull.gumtree.com/hull/17/44493017.html

I've emailed the seller asking a bit about him (I really shouldn't look at dogs on freeads!). They look like a more rustic Shiba Inu or something - really nice looking dogs.
  9. Simira

Simira New Member

Name:
    Simira
    Hm, special, yes... keep us updated!