Not that I am complaining... General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 19, 2018.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Not that I am complaining...

...but when Tikva wakes at normal getting-up time because she wants to go out for a pee [and sometimes also a poo], then asks for her tether to be unclipped and goes back into her crate for another sleep, I think I might as well go back to bed myself.

So what time did the little booga finally decide it was up time this morning? After having eeped to go out for a p&p at past normal getting-up time? Almost 10am! :D

Very nice having such a lovely lie-in and doze, but it has thrown my day way out of kilter. :rolleyes:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    In bed till 10? Decadent!

One thing I noticed when I was offline for so long, was that the day seemed much longer - just showed me how much time I spend online!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Janet likes this.
    :blush: I am not sure whether to admit this, but it was 10.30am this morning :blush:
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I don't think I've slept in that late since I was a teenager!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ahem - well she did eep at 8.30am - went out for a p&p - came in and waited for her harness to be unclipped and shot back into her crate. I really should have stayed up but... but... but... my clothes were in my bedroom she curled up and zonked off again and I did not want to disturb the sleeping beauty...

...and it was not very warm as I was only wearing just a short nightshirt [like an oversized tee-shirt...

...well, that is my excuse!
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    CaroleC likes this.
    You don't need an excuse. When you've only yourself and 'ickle Tikki to please, why worry. Unfortunately, my OH thinks that 8.30 am is plenty late enough to sleep in otherwise I'd probably stay in bed half the morning.

Conundrum - why are beds far more comfortable in the morning than they are at night?
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am not sure if my bed is more comfortable in the morning, but it is definitely much warmer than when I get in it at night! During the winter that is, of course.

But if Tikki goes back to bed I might as well do the same!

Still, when I think of the years when I had to get up at 4.30am in order to catch the first of three buses [one local, one long distance inter-city, then another inner-city one] and then a longish walk, to get to work... six days a week...

And I never had an unbroken night with Pereg as she needed to go out for a pee every few hours because of her meds, although that did help when I was bottle-feeding Tikki...

...no, I am definitely not complaining! :D
  9. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    And why is it, when your on the sofa you fall asleep in an instant. But as soon as you go to bed you can't drift off?