Oh, what have I done... General Chat

Discussion in 'Chihuahua' started by Janet, Apr 23, 2014.

1. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    6JRT's likes this.
    When i first moved into this house the fence was replaced before I moved in as my Prt was an escapologist but I didn't do all the way to the back because there was a hideous shed made out of corregated iron right up against the fence down the back which needed demolishing before being fenced, the little b*gger found a gap and escaped for half a day. Which meant spending the whole weekend with a sledgehammer and multiple trips to the tip. None of the others have ever made a bid for freedom thankfully.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Janet likes this.
    Janet don't get ferret harness as Ebay & Amazon plus on line pet shops all sell Chihuahua puppy harnesses, they start at £2 going up to £10
    Not sure if picture is clear enough to see harness.
    $_2.jpeg
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    That's great 6JRT's - many thanks. There's no point in spending a lot on something he'll grow out of.

I've been browsing and there seem to be a lot of places selling stuff for chihuahuas - ranging from ridiculously expensive designer stuff to really tacky stuff. I'm looking for somewhere that sells tasteful, well made stuff but not at celebrity-owner prices!
  5. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    6JRT's and Janet like this.
    Wow congratulations. Phoebes been playing with my friends chi today. Was so funny as he was play bowing to her so she flattened him with her paw and gave him a good wash. Not sure she knew what to do with him as he was about the size of her head.
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Are you looking for this type of harness Janet they start at £3.99 for Chihuahua's
    $(KGrHqJHJFEFI6Ye0YGuBSRW0SWmKQ~~60_12.jpg

$(KGrHqJ,!lgFJBfwbc40BSRW0CNCLg~~60_12.jpg
    $T2eC16hHJHkFFl70jm2oBSRW0IwP6w~~60_12.jpg
    $(KGrHqR,!r!FIybzvb-eBSRW0PwpuQ~~60_12.jpg
  7. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    I would have loved to have seen a photo of that!
  8. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Yes, that sort of mesh style is what I had in mind. I've been looking at a brand called Puppia - ever come across them?

And I'll need some sort of collar for a disc when we're out. When he's fully grown I'll splash out and get a posh one - in the meantime, it will probably be something cheap and cheerful!
  9. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    The Pugs wear Puppia harnesses and we haven't had any problems with them, they are well made and easily washed and dried. The only thing that was a bit of an issue was sizing, the Pugs wear large which is apparently meant for a cocker spaniel. I used to have a cocker and even as a young pup he'd never have got his head in it.. Pugs are a funny shape though so they wear large to fit their shoulders and chest and the waist has been adjusted with my sewing machine. They'd probably have fitted if I had overweight Pugs but I like em slim and fit.
  10. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Janet likes this.
    Yes all my 3 female dogs wear puppia style harnesses, as for dog collar try the £1 shops if just to put disc on they have great range of puppy collars in, that's were I got all my dog collars from (my 6 only wear collar for disc to hang on when outside)
  11. swimdog

swimdog Member

Name:
    jackie
    Janet likes this.
    Congrats Janet, can't wait for puppy pics.
  12. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Didnt have my camera as wasnt planning on a play date. The chi wiggled his way under the gate to say Hi!
  13. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    Those harnesses are so cute, they look like tiny life vest
  14. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Yes, I suppose they do! I've never had a harness for a dog before so it's all new to me - I will be looking for something that's easy to put on and most importantly comfortable to wear.

And then if I have to put a coat/jumper on him in winter, does the harness go on top?! I suppose I'll learn as I go along!
  15. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    J
    Janet they do coat harnesses for small size dogs like Chihuahuas, they have D rings on the back of coats, so you don't need separate harness & coat, I got some for my JRT's
    Here are few I found on net
    $(KGrHqQOKosFJpf1JuMnBSci5E1JpQ~~60_3.jpeg
    1z-waterproof-coat-with-built-in-harness.jpeg
    31Qnyn4DvdL._SL500_.jpeg
  16. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    6JRT's likes this.
    Thanks - coats with a D ring for a harness makes sense.

I think the black one will suit Chico better than the pink one!
  17. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    All the coats come in black, blue, white, red, pink brown & tartan.

Mind you I did have a butch male Rottweiler who would only wear pink collars if I put blue on he sulk all day :)