Oops General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Oops

I made a mistake withTikva's brekkie this morning, which was supposed to be a frozen chicken wing. I had gone to the big freezer to get out some large turkey necks [which had been cut in half] to stick in a slow cooker for myself as there is so much meat on them. Pereg had them raw, frozen, so we shared them.

Tikki was standing watching me and without thinking I gave her one. Oops. By the time I realised she was fighting it because it was so big and rock hard from the freezer and she is only a little girl, but having such a treasure there was no way she would give it up for swapsies.

OK so it took her a while to demolish it, but demolish it she did, and now looks very pleased with herself, but if she thinks she will get the same breakfast tomorrow she has got another think coming!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    It never ceases to amaze me what little dogs can tackle! Invariably Chico ends up with the giant bones intended for Pepe - who is such a wimp he stands back and let him take them. Yesterday my husband gave Chico a chip. He tried it, didn't want it, and spat it out. I then picked it up and handed it to Pepe who took it gratefully. Chico wasn't standing for that - snarled at Pepe who immediately spat it out. Chico weighs 2kg, Pepe weighs 30kg.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It would not have been so bad had it not been frozen, but it was rock solid and boy did Tikva have to fight it - she kept changing from end to end until it started to give way, then she had no problem. She did not even look any fatter either - skinny as ever.

But that is the Dachshund in her - jaws and teeth that are so strong, and she does not swallow large lumps although I was watching her carefully just in case... and apart from drinking a little bit more than usual she has been peeing and pooing as usual.

She has been racing around as usual for most of the day, just having a doze this afternoon - shooting out if she heard something then back on the couch again. But come 8pm [supper time] she was nudging me in case I had forgotten. At least that is a wet meal, which she could not get down quick enough!
  5. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Nigredo swallows food whole often which is why I'm always careful to give large pieces of anything. A chicken wing? Never.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga likes this.
    Tikva crunches and chombles everything - even the tiny biscuits she gets when I go across to the macolet. Those are so tiny that she probably could swallow them whole but as I say, she is a cruncher and chombler so I have no worries.

In any case she could not get a whole chicken wing in her mouth! :D

I was more concerned with the amount she ate - that turkey neck was enormous, probably at least four times the weight of the "chikky flapper" she should have had!
  7. Bulldogs4Life

Bulldogs4Life Member

Name:
    Ezee
    Lol I can just picture it
  8. puppykisses

puppykisses New Member

Name:
    Andrea
    LOL I can't imagine how much effort did she use just to finish it. :D:D:D:D:D
    I guess she enjoyed her meal, but just mindful next time.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No effort at all Andrea. Once Tikva had had a chomble at each end until she found how to actually start crunching and chombling proper, she even gave me the stink eye when I looked at her to make sure she was coping with it.
  10. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    CaroleC likes this.
    Just looked up chombling in the urban dictionary........*Chomble - marijuana, grass, green, herb, weed, pot, etc. *to chomble - to smoke reefer. *to be chomled - to be stoned *chombling ...
    If she is doing too much chombling she will give you the 'stink eye'......lol
  11. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Oh. No. Oops again. I had no idea that was a real word, to me and Tikki it means - umm - well, so dogs are not able to chew. Right? Or so they say. They, whoever they are, should see Tikva chombling, oops, sorry, chewing on things. So I use the word chomble as chombling at the end of something until she is able to start crunching on something which is really too big for her to eat.

No problem. Mikhaël brought round two [or three] kilos of chicken wings on Monday which Tikva sat and watched me to pack each one individually, then put in my big freezer to freeze before they went into Pereg's freezer - stink eye? She was just about weeping for one, and I explained to Mikhaël that next order would be turkey necks but please cut them in half as the little guzzler will eat a whole one which is far too much for her. Sometimes I have problems on the telephone trying to explain that yes, I want two or so kilos of whatever, but if they are turkey necks I want them cut in half.

Only I forgot to ask him for some turkey gizzards.

Almost two years since I lost Pereg but I am still used to ordering 5 kilos at a time, ten kilos of some things, without realising that 2 kilos at a time are enough for the skinny minny.
  12. Andrew Sheldon

Andrew Sheldon Member

Name:
    Andrew
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    Happy chombling Tikva.....
    I better not look up skinny minny...hate to think what the urban dictionary might come up with on that one...
  13. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Dunno! But Tikki is thin. No ifs or buts, she is thin. All ribs show, spine shows - and yet she has thigh and shoulder muscles as if she was on steroids.

She rarely asks for extra food during the day although she has started to ask for her [bone] breakfast a bit earlier these days, but basically she is happy with her morning bone meal - a frozen chikkie flapper or summat like that, and her evening wet meal which has her vitamins, supplements, veggies and cut up raw meat.

She should not be thin. Her dam was the biggest and fattest standard Dachshund ever, even though she was still nursing 8 puppies when I first saw them. No idea about the sire except he was a Minpin.

Tikva came to me at 3 weeks old - about 400gm - unweaned - and now will chomble a whole, large, turkey neck?

Well she did, but only once. In future she will be lucky to have a third of one!