Oscar On Point. *Wirehaired Vizsla* Photos

Discussion in 'Hungarian Vizsla' started by Ripsnorterthe2nd, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma

Oscar On Point. *Wirehaired Vizsla*

Not a great pic as I only had my phone on me. Turned out to be a Bunny Wabbit in the end. :D

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Berger

Berger New Member

Name:
    Nic
    Wow look at him go. He looks fab xx
  4. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Thank you. It's a shame it's out of focus, but I'll just have to get my camera sorted for next time. :D
  5. IsoChick

IsoChick New Member

Name:
    Shelley
    Gorgeous! :049:
  6. Vicki6344

Vicki6344

Name:
    Vicki
    How fab! Looking stunning, Emma :049:

[​IMG]
  7. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    Stunning!:049:
  8. tokiayla

tokiayla New Member

Name:
    Kay
    What a lovely pic!
  9. Tassle

Tassle New Member

Name:
    H
    Bless him - very serious :)
  10. katandcolin

katandcolin New Member

Name:
    Kat
    Stunning :)my mini schnauzer does this stance, is that normal! :D
  11. rune

rune

Lovely picture, that colour is gorgeous.

rune
  12. Wyrd

Wyrd New Member

Name:
    Tasha
    Lovely picture :grin:

My Dally constantly points at things, he is embracing his gun dog heritage :lol:
  13. peedie

peedie New Member

Name:
    Kirsten
    Love it!! He is a stunner!
  14. muttzrule

muttzrule New Member

Name:
    Rachael
    Gorgerous boy@
  15. ClaireandDaisy

ClaireandDaisy New Member

Name:
    Claire
    oh bless him. Isn`t instinct wonderful. Shamus points, even though he`s pretty useless at everything else. :lol:
  16. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    I really want a wirehaired vizla. I love them. I have a GWP at the moment.
    I am swithering between another GWP, a spinone or a wirey vizla.
  17. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Name:
    Emma
    Thanks everyone, glad you like him. :D

I think a lot of dogs do the whole lifting of the paw when they see/smell/hear something interesting, it's probably where the instinct in Pointers comes from.

I have to be honest, I've never really been sold on the colour! :blush: But the more coat he gets the more I'm getting to like it. :D

Thank you, we really don't see enough of yours either though. ;)

It's great isn't it? I often wonder if he stops and thinks to himself "What the hell am I doing this for?!" :lol:

I do love the HWV, his intelligence and trainability far exceed anything I've ever come across before. More so, dare I say it, than a Labs! :shock:

That said Oscar has been hard work (check back through some of the threads), he's very sensitive and I often refer to him as the wrong side of sensitive! :lol:

Some of the ones I have come across have been ultra friendly, others quite aloof and uninterested in strangers. Many of them seem to have the character of a cat on a hot tin roof in a sense, but then a sensitive animal always will.

One thing I will say, if you're considering working one make sure you get one with the correct coat. As the breed becomes more popular those in the show ring are breeding lighter coloured ones which have soft coats. A soft coat is no use to a working dog (and technically incorrect according to the original breed standard, but I won't go there!), so make sure the parents have nice wire coats on them if you go to view a litter. :D
  18. Petticoat

Petticoat New Member

Name:
    petticoat
    I do love it when they do it, (one of mine 'points', one 'sets' and the other two are lazy!!:lol: )

Oscar is gorgeous!! Need more pics of him please!!;-)
  19. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    Oh. I have already sourced a breeder. Ragnolds. I saw some blonde wire vizlas at a game fair and I much prefer the rust colour. My spinone breeder is sourced to. Aspenwood. I like the wirewolf bred GWP's but have not done my homework on that breeder yet. TBH I'll probably go with Kimax as she is very keen on the health aspect.
    The problem I have is everytime I see a GWP I like it ends up being from a kennel with epilepse. Thats why I thought of the vizla. That and the fact they are not so bloody minded. They are flippin stunning as well
  20. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Kimmax breed Deutsch Drathaars...GWP's in this country but they do breed to German standards which basically means every dog eligible to be bred from has to meet a certain standard so they are top notch dogs. I'm toying with having a dog in the future from the Trudvang kennel (but ultimately would love one from Bareve or Kimmax, not sure if I could do their dogs justice though!)

Anyway, it's fantastic to see a HPR on point, do you find Oscar has a different point for different types of game? I found Flynn on point on the beach and he was indicating ringed plovers!!
  21. roxi

roxi New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    ;0) great pic, he is a stunner!