Oscar On Point. *Wirehaired Vizsla* Photos

Discussion in 'Hungarian Vizsla' started by Ripsnorterthe2nd, Oct 11, 2010.

1. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    Anyway, it's fantastic to see a HPR on point, do you find Oscar has a different point for different types of game? I found Flynn on point on the beach and he was indicating ringed plovers!![/QUOTE]

My Lottie points feather with front leg and fur with back. Deer, she just sods off at high speed until I blow the stop whistle.

I like Bareve dogs but, I have have noticed her dogs appear to be a bit slanty backed. I thought it was just me but, I showed a couple of other folk the pictures and they agreed with me.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Wozzy

Wozzy New Member

Name:
    Leanne
    Shouldnt they be slightly sloped though? I guess it all depends on how you interpret the breed standard, after all, this is why we have exaggerations!

Bareve do well in the show ring and in the field and I know Sharon has the breeds best interests at heart. I'm not into showing though which is where her dogs tend to dominate so thats why i'd go for a predominantly working line like Trudvang.
  4. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    All I know about slanty backs are those awful, deformed GSD's that appear at Crufts so, always thought it was a bad thing. Sharons dogs are NOTHING like that and as far as I know she breeds very good dogs. It was more of an observation than a criticisum though.
    Off to look at the Trudvang site now.
  5. roxi

roxi New Member

Name:
    Hayley
    The more i see of the wire V's the more i want! lol
    Though i am hooked on the smooths.
  6. Londonlou

Londonlou New Member

Name:
    Louise
    ah! Lovely to finally see Oscar! I remember when you were thinking of getting his breed. he looks in lovely shape. I think the German rules sound really good idea. Temperament is so important. I don't have a clue how Grey my slovak's parents behave as I know nothing about their life outside of a kennel.
  7. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Aww that's a shame, but I'm sure Grey would be fine! :D
    Oscar on the otherhand would fail miserably, he's just soooo nervous! :lol:

HPR wise though he continues to astound me. Pretty much everything he does is from instinct alone. I could take him up on the moors tomorrow and have no problems with him. And trust me, that's everything to do with his ability and nothing to do with my attempts to "help" him! :lol:
  8. Londonlou

Londonlou New Member

Name:
    Louise
    Grey's instinct I'm not so sure of! If I take him gamey areas he doesn't notice anything. Wheras a cat he will sniff out from far away. Mind you I heard in slovakia they're bred to hint down wild cats! Grey is reactive, but not nervous.
    x
  9. Ripsnorterthe2nd

Ripsnorterthe2nd New Member

Name:
    Emma
    Would be interesting to see what he'd be like hunting Grouse, dogs often behave very differently on the moors. :D