Part of the pack....I'd just like to know the breed(s) ID this breed/mix

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Varmint, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Varmint

Varmint New Member

Name:
    Brian
    Malka likes this.

Part of the pack....I'd just like to know the breed(s)

First, just a little history on how "Boscoe" became part of our pack.
    My daughter took "Opie" (our Golden Retriever) to the dog park. She came home and commented that Opie had a great time playing with some "brindle" dog. We went the next day and my daughter pointed out that that "brindle" was there so we watched them play. After awhile I started to look for the owners. There were only a few other dogs there that day and I couldn't quite put my finger on which people owned that dog and eventually, we left the park.
    We went back to the park the next day and that dog was laying by himself, in the shade by the water. I put the brindle on a leash and walked around the park with him. Nobody else was there to say anything. I thought that maybe he lived in the area and would jump the fence of his yard in order to play with the other dogs so, I left him there. I returned to the park after closing and that same dog was just laying under a tree. That was it. I put the dog on a leash and brought him home.
    My daughter printed out flyers stating that a dog was found at the park and they should call my number to identify him so I can return him.
    We brought him back to the same park numerous times and after two weeks of no calls and nobody approaching us at the park with Boscoe present, we declared Boscoe to be part of our pack.

Now came the part of trying to ID his breed(s).

We took him to the vet where he was declared to be 6 mos old and weight 46.5 lbs. and left....minus two testicles!
    He is soooo loving and learns as fast as any dog I have ever trained.
    It didn't take long at all to house-break and he loves playing all the games that Opie plays.

Of the people I have talked to, here is the list of suggested breeds:

1. Dutch Shepherd (vet)
    2. Chesapeake Bay Retriever
    3. Doberman Pinscher
    4. Irish Wolfhound
    5. Dogue de Bordeaux

Who knows?? Maybe he's got some of everybody in him!
    Regardless of what he is....he is one of us! Boscoe 1.jpg Boscoe 2.jpg Resized_20170702_093958 (002).jpg WhatDog.jpg

I have attached some pics in my attempt to get help from you folks here and any help is appreciated!
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2017
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Varmint

Varmint New Member

Name:
    Brian
    ...oh...and....
    6) some sort of Mastiff
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think I can see GSD in those pics. The brindle - who knows? He is lovely though.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    There could be some Dutch Shepherd in the mix.
    a32e7c558e80d0d3070ff83618fd3761.jpg