Patterdales - what are they like? General Chat

Discussion in 'Terrier Forum' started by Moobli, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Erin

Erin New Member

Name:
    erin
    them2 what a beautiful dog,more pics needed plz!!!!!!!!!!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. them2

them2 New Member

Name:
    phil
    here is another one of alfie[​IMG][/IMG]
  4. Erin

Erin New Member

Name:
    erin
    he's a stunner,has the same face as my choc,very similar actually just choc has a longer coat.
    alfie is lovely.
  5. tara8t8

tara8t8 New Member

Name:
    Tara
    I have a Patterdale, one year old and he isnt feisty at all! Yes they are mainly working dogs, but they are also brilliant pets! Very loving and if trained correctly will do what you say! :)
  6. Maryan

Maryan New Member

I have a patterdale/lakeland cross and he's lovely. He's 22 weeks now and we got him when he was 7 weeks. He's very loving and I've found him quite easy to train and he's loves playing with other dogs. He has a tendency, though, to bark at people who are passing our garden which isn't a problem in itself but if we go anywhere and anyone stops to speak he'll bark at them. It's as if he wants to be made a fuss of but when they go to stroke him or speak to him he backs away. Is this usual as I was under the impression that these sort of dogs aren't shy? I have noticed that if people don't speak to him he will eventually go up to them. Hey ho, I'll have him sussed out one day!
  7. amymcc

amymcc New Member

Name:
    Amy
    our two now that we hunt them dont like to stay inside they bark in the cage when we leave to go outside. they eat our trash and chair but if we take them out to hunt a lot they are better about just being inside.....ours wouldnt make good pets but im sure u could find some that would i think its how u bring them up if they never hunt they might be really calm dogs. we have had ours for two yrs now
  8. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    I live next door to one and it is the biggest pain in the ahem! Always barking, jumping up and down at the gate like Zebedee on acid, never sits still for a second and completely does my head in.

Whether or not this is typical of the breed I don't know!! They are increasingly popular in this area though, so they must have some merits!:lol:
  9. x-clo-x

x-clo-x Member

Name:
    chloe
    my neighbour had 2 patterdale x borders, they are lovely dogs, and these are the crosses he goes for year after year for his hunting dogs.

when we are out hunting we see alot of either patterdale x border or pure patterdale.

patterdales can be very full on, very fiesty and i dont know if i would consider one. (for instance 2 patterdales ended up scrapping at the dog show, was fun getting them apart) but they are nice dogs too. i like them, but think they are a bit too fiesty for me. id have a patterdale x border though :grin:

here are my friend's two border x patterdales. they are called pip and meg :grin:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]