Pembroke Welsh Corgi - what are they like to own? Questions

Discussion in 'Welsh Corgi (Pembroke)' started by Kiing, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Kiing

Kiing New Member

Name:
    Sarah

Pembroke Welsh Corgi - what are they like to own?

I met the most gorgeous pair of corgis out on the beach yesterday - the owners were happy for me to say hello to them, and the dogs were some of the sweetest and most friendly canines I've ever met. :grin:

Now, I won't be getting another dog for many, many years yet, but corgis are now on my list of possible dogs to own. Experiences, anyone? :)
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Kazz

Kazz New Member

Name:
    Karen
    No personal experience but a neighbour used to have them and said they were a version of a GSD (which they used to have) with shorter legs.
    His were lovely dogs.
  4. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I met a Cardigan Corgi once on the park and it was lovely-so people friendly. It came up to me for a fuss and the owner said it wasn't interested in other dogs but loved people. Don't know if this is typical for a Corgi though as they are quite uncommon.
  5. Greenflydogz

Greenflydogz New Member

Name:
    Flydogz
    My friend has a pembroke and trains it for flyball. However she is very independent and only retrieves the ball when she feels like it! She is a right chancer, always thieving food when the opportunity arises :) and will happily put the larger dogs (including a mallinois) in their place! However apart from being very cheeky, she is very sweet and loves her cuddles.
  6. malwhit

malwhit New Member

Name:
    Malcolm
    I owned a Pembroke Corgi who was wonderful - calm yet eager to go for a walk. She was obedient, active and also had a go at agility.

I bought a hamster from my local pet shop because it was the same colour/markings as her......she was terrified of him:-o
  7. cardy9

cardy9 New Member

I have cardigan corgis, had the breed since the 80's:grin:
    The pems that I meet at shows seem lovely dogs, very friendly with dogs and people, just like my cardis and now they even have tails.:)

But I prefer the cardis , just cos I prefer the look of them.