Pereg Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    mjfromga and CaroleC like this.

Pereg

Two years since you were given peace - my beloved angel Pereg - and I still cry for you. You were not very old but the Monster had taken its toll and it showed in your beautiful eyes.

I do not miss the Monster but oh how I miss you, Pereg. I loved you so much and always will. You were laid to rest in a forest somewhere, wrapped in a new blankie.

At peace now.

[​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    Brownie died February 28, 2013. I never write about it anymore but sometimes I do remember it. He's buried in our backyard, but I no longer can see the site nor do I remember exactly where it was.

I remember I took Nigredo to visit it ages ago and I put a hot dog (Brownies favorite treat) on top of it, and Nigredo ate it. I took that as a sign that visiting the site really served no purpose for me and I never went back after that.

Seeing the photos is fine for me but to see him alive and running around weirded me out so I deleted his YouTube channel right after he died.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    They always leave a part of themselves around in our hearts. xx
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    Tweed's nasal cancer came to light just a few days after Pereg's loss. Over the last few months of her life, her rocky heart, a bronchial obstruction, and crops of irritated skin cysts were problems we dealt with, but the nasal cancer was something we could no longer work around. She paddled in the pond the day before, and was chirpy right up to her final dose of anaesthetic, from which I didn't let her recover. I still feel guilty about it.
    Tweed Suited at Helidale P.Beg.Ex, CD Ex, late 2001 - April 2015.
    Tweed13come.JPG
    Tweed aged 13.
  6. Jcarpentier

Jcarpentier Member

Name:
    Jessica
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Dogs have a way of awakening parts of our hearts that we never knew existed. Each dog in our lives awakens a new part of our heart. It is my belief this is why it hurts so much when they cross over to rainbow bridge.
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Pereg was just so young and really enjoyed life - except when the Monster visited. But it was taking longer and longer for her to recover from each episode and I knew it was time.

Then I had the nightmare of losing baby Ziva, just one month later - I never did find out what happened to her - but then being landed with a tiny 3 week old unweaned pup who needed bottle feeding every couple of hours gave me something to concentrate on.

Pereg was a fairly easy pup, but she had Lexi as a substitute mother figure, although she was a real booga during her Kevin stage - a stage Lexi never went through. Tikva was non-stop work to start with, what with bottle feeding, then weaning, but on the whole she is a good little girl.

But every strange sound or movement from Tikki and I am instantly back on seizure-watch again - almost as if it is a nudge from Pereg to say "please do not forget me". As if I ever could.

I will not change my avatar and I have her epi tag on a hook on the wall next to my monitor. Her harnesses, collars and other tags are, like Lexi's, at the bottom of one side of my wardrobe.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Something wrong with this tablet. Screen has gone all blurry again.
  9. Branjo Snow

Branjo Snow New Member

Name:
    Branjo
    Wow that's a beautiful picture.
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thank you. The artist did a wonderful job, really capturing Pereg's soul in her beautiful eyes.

The picture, which took the artist a week to do, was hand drawn in graphite on a special sheet of A4 size paper. After discussing things with the artist I emailed her about half a dozen photographs so she could see what Pereg's coat was like without her harness, as it was originally just going to be a copy of my avatar, and this is what she came up with.

Pereg. My beautiful girl. My heart dog.