Photos of Brena Photos

Discussion in 'Dachshund (Miniature Smooth Haired)' started by philbee100, Mar 24, 2014.

1. Bonni

Bonni Member

Name:
    Bonni
    Brena is beautiful :007:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Craig's list is an online want ads collection. so glad you think brena is cute!
  4. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Bonni likes this.
    aww thank you! so sweet.
  5. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    brena did something that was so cute today i just had to post it. katie loves to chase her little red ball and we enjoy tossing it for her down the hallway. brena also loves that little red ball, because of the squeaking sound it makes. so we were tossing it for her today, and brena was waddling up and down the living room, as though she was trying to figure something out! often when we toss the ball brena will chase after it and try and get it from katie, but this time our puppy clearly had something else in mind. katie finally settled down for a nice chew on the ball, when brena came over with the blue ball, and dropped it in front of katie. katie grabbed the blue ball, and immediately little brena zoomed in and stole her favorite red ball from katie! now that was VERY clever i think! those little wheels are constantly turning in brena's head LOL! :)
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Puppies are very quick at picking/working out stuff, when my hooligans were 7 months old they learnt out how to escape from the outside play pen, it had a slide bolt catch, but they learnt how to use their paws to slide the catch across, so we put padlock on pen in end.

Pen was 20 foot wide by 30 foot long & 3 foot high, but was increased to 6 foot in height after the hooligans realise they could jump over it.
  7. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    6JRT's likes this.
    The hooligans sound like very smart dogs! Brena is sometimes a tad stubborn about obedience commands, but when she's in the mood she is amazing. she really amazes me.
  8. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    even if she isn't always in the mood for formal training, she has kind of an innate grasp of problem solving and picking up human language that i would usually just expect from a much older dog. Brena is beginning to pick up phrases like "are you hungry", or "want to go pee pee" at an even faster rate than katie did when she was Brena's age. how she is picking this up i will never know, but i see more and more of this every day. and what's even more startling to me, when she hears these phrases she always responds correctly!
  9. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Brena will pick lot stuff up from your other dogs, they will be teaching her without you realising, they might even be correcting her at well.
  10. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    6JRT's likes this.
    i agree completely. i'm glad Brena has a canine pack as well as a human one. she's picked up a tremendous amount from chuk and katie, and i believe they were instrumental in finally getting her housebroken. every time they went out, she wanted to go too, and now it has become second nature for her to let us know when she needs to go out even without the two other dogs! and i also agree they are definitely correcting her when she gets too rambunctious with them. this behavior is carrying over to karren and myself as well. good job Chuk and Katie for being such great teachers.
  11. Brandykins

Brandykins Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Rosemary
    Those are lovely photos of Brena. She is a beauty.
  12. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Thank you!
  13. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Brena is 5 months and 1 week old today! still as cute as a button. :)
  14. Brandykins

Brandykins Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Rosemary
    Happy 5 months and 1 week to the lovely Brena :)
  15. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    thanks!
  16. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    just a little update. brena recovered from her spay surgery just fine, and will be coming home tomorrow. :) yay!!!
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    philbee100 likes this.
    I am so pleased - thank you for updating us!

Very gentle cuddles for her from me please when she is home! :)
  18. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    Thanks!
  19. Dogloverlou

Dogloverlou Member

Name:
    Louise
    philbee100 likes this.
    So glad it went well. Hope she makes a speedy recovery :023:
  20. philbee100

philbee100 Member

Name:
    phil
    brena is back home safe and sound from her spay surgery and doing very well. we are so glad to have her back! one night without her was very hard, but now she is back home and happy.
  21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    philbee100 likes this.
    Please do not forget to give her some gentle cuddles from me - and ear twiddles if she likes them! :)