Pics of the mutt Photos

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Kitkat_, Apr 29, 2017.

1. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie

Pics of the mutt

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Lovely photos Katie. How old is Billy now?
    I had to look up Bayham Abbey, - just too far from Staffs to visit, but it looks so interesting. Any news on the new breed front yet?
  4. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie

I worked it out that if he was a year old when my brother got him, that he is roughly 13 now. Showing his age in his face but not slowed down yet at all.

I am 99.9% sure that German Pinscher will be our next family dog, if I am still living with them at that time. Probably still a GP for me even if not, ideally a red male called Grinch (or maybe a Groot). An Azawakh is still on my list but unless my lifestyle and circumstances change dramatically in the next few years it isn't realistic yet.
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Billy is looking great for his age.
    I do like the German Pinschers - particularly the liver and tans - sleek coat, ideal size for a house, and that smart Dobie outline. They seem to be starting to get more popular, I believe they now have two breed clubs!
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Billy is looking really good, even with his lovely grey face.
  7. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    CaroleC likes this.
    Thanks guys, I try to keep him fit and trim, I think it makes such a difference once they start getting older. I absolutely love his grey, he has the nickname of Captain Greybeard.

Ideally I would love a breed a bit bigger, roughly 22-26" ish, with GPs being 17-19" sometimes up to 20" that puts them a bit smaller than I wanted, but the same size as Billy so I can't complain, my friends male is the same height, weight and has the same chest girth measurements so in general they are almost exactly the same. I quite like the black and tan, we don't accept the dilute colours here, but I do have a preference for red, and my sister only likes reds so for a family dog we would need to find a red dog unless there is a B&T male that is perfect for us and I might be able to persuade her lol. I would be going with the National German Pinsher Club, my friend is a breeder in that club and I know some of the other breeders through Facebook, they also make sure all of their dogs are fully health tested before breeding them. My friend recently had a gorgeous litter and I believe she will be doing a repeat mating from her bitch and dog at some point so I may even get a pup from her. I will hopefully be going to a show that will have all of the members of the club attending, lots of GPs and all of my friends latest litter for me too meet. If I do end up going I will take lots of photos and add them to the German Pinscher breed section.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Kitkat_ likes this.
    So silly of me - I forgot that there are not supposed to be liver and tans in this breed, and no, I'm not keen on dilutes either. Think it would be a dark stag red in that case!
  9. Kitkat_

Kitkat_ Member

Name:
    Katie
    CaroleC likes this.
    I believe that liver and tan is accepted in the US but I may be wrong as I don't know their standards. But I do quite like the liver colour on Dobes, so I guess I would like it on GPs too. This is my favourite colour

[​IMG]