Polish (Lowland) Sheep Dog General Chat

Discussion in 'Polish Lowland Sheepdog' started by werewolf, Jul 11, 2010.

1. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private

Polish (Lowland) Sheep Dog

We met one of these on our walk this morning, gorgeous dog. I was out walking and bumped into one of my lovely neighbours , she was with her Sheltie and Tibetan Terrier. The PSD looked like a larger version of the TT, there was slight differences but their shape and tail carriage was the same and they jelled!!! I think they thought they were the same breed , bless them!! XXXXX
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    My mum has one, Ruby, she's lovely but slightly mad:lol:
  4. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Yes, well the mad bit came out last night after this post!!
    I encountered him again and he was like a different dog!!!!
  5. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    There's a behaviourist/trainer in one of the monthly dog magaazines who has one called Digby. He looks lovely and seems very clever and trainable. Quite unusual.
  6. PONlady

PONlady New Member

Name:
    Abi
    Just seen this thread - sorry my reply is so late!

I found out a bit about the breed's ancestry when I was researching it before I got Esau.

Tibetan Terriers and PONs (as they are known) stem from a common ancestor, which explains their similarities. They are not only similar in looks (except for size) but personality, too.

People also say Polish are very like OES, and ask I often get asked if Polish are bred from the OES, but actually it's the other way around! The OES is the result of a 'cross' between Polish Lowlands and 'Highland Collies' (which have now disappeared).
  7. SLB

SLB

Name:
    Aimee
    My Aunt and Uncle part own one and also used to show him - he turned round and bit the judge so is now just a pet he was just a few shows away from Crufts - this was a few years ago..

My Aunt and Uncle also have a couple of rescue Tibetan Terriers one rescued ad she was dumped because she'd produced enough show puppies and wasn't needed any more..poor thing
  8. sutty

sutty New Member

Name:
    sue
    Mums Pon has never been aggressive, she is very vocal though lol, but very affectionate:)
  9. werewolf

werewolf Member

Name:
    private
    Thanks xxxx That explains why I thought as I did xxxx

I am glad she fell on her feet after being dumped xxxx
  10. SusanfromPoland

SusanfromPoland New Member

Name:
    Zuzanna
    Hi all!!

I'm the Polish (Lowland) Sheep Dog owner ;)
    Exactly she is pregnant now and If you what to know something more about this breed write me.