Poochon Questions

Discussion in 'Bichon Frise' started by Dean McAulay, Jan 22, 2016.

1. Dean McAulay

Dean McAulay New Member

Name:
    Deano695
    Azz likes this.

Poochon

Hi everyone, I am after a little advice/help and guidance please. My wife and I are looking to adopt an 8 week old Poochon, however we do a lot of traveling every few weeks. The question I have really is; would this present an issue with a Poochon? Any information would be of great help. Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Not heard of a breed of dog called a Poochon so can't help you.
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Azz likes this.
    Would you be taking the dog with you, or leaving him/her in kennels?

If taking with you, get the pup used to travelling early. Make sure the car is well ventilated while travelling in hot weather and never leave unattended in the vehicle.

It's pot luck, I'm afraid, as to whether or not your pup will be a good traveller. Some are absolutely terrible, but tend to grow out of it while others love to travel around.

It would be lovely to see photo's of your pup if you go forward and bring him/her home
  5. Dean McAulay

Dean McAulay New Member

Name:
    Deano695

Hi, many thanks for your post. The puppy would be traveling with us. We will be sure to take on your advice with regards to traveling, so thank you.

I will post pictures, once we collect the puppy and hopefully, as you said they enjoy traveling.

Thanks again for replying, take care
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Azz likes this.
    Can't wait to see pictures - I am sure he/she will be gorgeous!

Hopefully if you start introducing the pup to short journeys to begin with he will be fine. Over the years the only dog of mine that has suffered from travel sickness has been Pepe, the Standard Poodle. Very embarrassing when we had to arrive at the Dog Groomers with a dog covered in vomit! However, he grew out of it and is now fine.

I imagine that a vet can prescribe something for a dog that suffers badly from travel sickness, but the chances are yours won't need it.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Azz likes this.
    Most dogs travel quite happily, but my Eddie was a very travel sick puppy. He had a lot of changes whilst very young, and would start to drool as soon as we put him in the car. He was given a prescribed travel sickness medication at least an hour before any journey, however short, and the problem was solved within a month or so.
    Occasionally dogs can be affected by the sight of passing traffic. These dogs are usually calmer travelling in a crate partially covered by a heat reflective cover, or a sheet.
    Try to make the first few journeys short ones, and to pleasant locations.