poodle questions Questions

Discussion in 'Poodle (Miniature)' started by tigertail, Apr 20, 2008.

1. tigertail

tigertail New Member

Name:
    deniz

poodle questions

I am going to see a miniature ppoodle in a couple of days. She is chocolate and six month old. She does not live with other pets at the moment. As she is youg, do you think she will adapt to living with friendly cats? Her owner does not think there will be a problem. Also, any tips on what questions I should ask or anything to look out for. She is chocolate and has had all her vaccinations. I am very excited as I have been thinking about getting a dog for many months. In the past I have owned a Chihuhua and prior to that a border collie/spaniel cross. The good thing with the poodle is that I can go to classes and I think if there is agility I can have a go. It will be good for both of us. I just hope she is adaptable to pussy cats.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    Your best bet for advice is to ask Mahooli , She is the poodle expert , But if you wait a while im sure she will be along with her great advice and knowledge as ever xxxdk
  4. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    Miniature poodle pups can be very excitable at that age but I don't think there is any difference in introducing her at this age as you would if she were an 8 week old pup.
    Slow and steady is the key and try to keep things as calm as possible.
    If your cats are used to dogs and not inclined to run it will be easier but I would still recommend a controlled introduction between her and the cats.
    There is no reason that she would not become cat friendly with her own cats as long as the introductions are done carefully, as you would for any puppy/cat introduction.
    Good Luck with your new baby, you wont be disappointed as long as you understand poodle nature,. harsh words and handling can switch them off to responding to training as they can be sensitive in that department but treat them right and you will have an amazing loyal, affectionate and active pet!
    Becky
  5. tigertail

tigertail New Member

Name:
    deniz
    Thank you. I have a very soft voice, but not too soft if you know what I mean. I am very interested, but have never seriously considered poodles as I have never lived with one. I think border collies are sensitive too. Although a friend had a toy poodle. And I loved him. Every dog is an individual and she seems to be very lovely. I just have to match up to her expectations as an owner!!
  6. Mahooli

Mahooli New Member

Name:
    Becky
    I'm sure you will! They are amazing dogs.
    Becky
  7. tigertail

tigertail New Member

Name:
    deniz
    Just to advise I did not get the dog asthey sent me a text on the day I was to see it that it had gone. Not very scrupulous people. So I am still looking!!
  8. dollyknockers

dollyknockers

Name:
    n/a
    I knew Becky would be along with her great advice xxdk
  9. myshell

myshell New Member

Name:
    Michelle
    I am so sorry you didn't get your poodle:-(
    I hope you find the dog your looking for soon:)