Possible dehydration??? Questions

Discussion in 'American Bulldog' started by Rangersmom2016, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Rangersmom2016

Rangersmom2016 New Member

Name:
    Kerri
    Azz likes this.

Possible dehydration???

i was wondering if anyone knew what the signs/symptoms were of dehydration in American Bulldogs? I believe my Ranger is a bit dehydrated because he is constantly smacking like he has cotton mouth and his nose doesn't always stay wet and cold? Any information would be useful. He is my first bulldog ever
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Have you checked his teeth for breakage or trapped substances, also gums and mouth membranes for injury?
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    My dogs does this when they have food/chew stuck between the top set of teeth
  5. Rangersmom2016

Name:
    Kerri
    6JRT's, Azz and CaroleC like this.
    We haven't checked but we will definitely be checking when we get home this evening..I do know his teeth are in excellent condition the vet said and we have started to try to brush his teeth but he ain't having that at all!!!
  6. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Is his nose wet? A dry nose can indicate a dehydrated dog. Also, I assume you leave fresh water out for him that he can access whenever he wants to?

Other than that I agree with the posts above - could be an irritant.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    It could also be a sign of feeling sick
  8. Rangersmom2016

Name:
    Kerri
    Yes we leave fresh water out all day so he can drink as he needs to or feels he needs to. The vet told us to give him nothing but boiled chicken and rice for dinner last night and breakfast this morning and he is doing way better..nose has stayed very cold and wet and he's not smacking anymore so it must have been something that irritated his tummy..thank you all for the posts and helpful tips