Posted X amount of cheques with date 03/01/16 on them General Chat

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by 6JRT's, Jan 3, 2017.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Posted X amount of cheques with date 03/01/16 on them

I been writing out cheques all morning & been putting wrong year on them, it wasn't until I went to put The Rescue Home cheque book away & saw I had stamped the date as 03/01/16 on several cheques stubs instead of 03/01/17 I have since posted all the cheques to the relevant companies with I think the wrong year stamped on them ooops.
    Will have to phone all the companies tomorrow & tell them I might of put wrong year on cheque I sent them & if the bank won't accept them I will send them new cheque with correct year on.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    Oops!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and 6JRT's like this.
    A very common mistake I would imagine.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    6JRT's likes this.
    I am not sure about common, but I have definitely done it a couple of times!
  6. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Have phoned up all the companies today & was told to worry about it from the companies they said Barry use to do it all the time, (no wonder he laughed when I phoned him last night) they would send the cheque back & Barry would cross date out sign it & put correct date on cheque, attached to a letter explaining he had put wrong year down & the banks would accept the cheque. (I have phoned the bank & they are happy for me to do same seeing as cheques are made out to companies & not to a named person) I have since changed the year on date stamp to 2017.