Potty Training Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by Rachael Socha, Dec 19, 2017.

1. Rachael Socha

Rachael Socha New Member

Name:
    Rachael Socha

Potty Training

Hi guys! We are the proud new owners of Stevie the 8 week old Frenchie. We are first time dog owners and need some help with potty training. He seems to go for wees and poops everywhere but outside(he hates going outside) and the newspaper! He has a crate with a pen attached. So we have left him some newspaper outside of his crate but in the pen. We have tried taking him out first thing in the morning, after naps, after food and just before bed. We also follow him around when he's exploring the living room just in case. But he always manages to give us the slip and finds a corner to poop and wee. We have even moved him mid wee or poop to the paper inside his pen but he stops and won't go. We have only had him a few days and just wondered if there was ant advice anyone can give us to point us in the right direction! Thank you
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Rachel - welcome to Breedia from Tikva and from me :039:

I used puppy pads for Tikva as she was so very young - I believe they have some sort of scent in them that encourages puppies to use them. I will still put a couple down if it is bucketing down with rain because she refuses point blank to go outside at such times. Light rain she is OK with and will shoot out when she needs to pee or poo, then shoots straight back in again, but when it really bucketing down she will use a puppy pad.
  4. BronsonTheBulldog

BronsonTheBulldog Member

Name:
    Gareth
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    It took me a week or so for my little man to pick up on what I wanted and even now at 5 months I miss the odd one. So try not to worry to much, your doing the right thing, taking him out after naps and food but it takes lots of patience and lots of time. You'll learn to identify warning signs like circling and sniffing the ground. Hope this helps?