Presa Canario - heading for the DDA list? Discussions

Discussion in 'Presa Canario' started by Abbas_786, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Helena54

Helena54 New Member

Name:
    Helena
    Haven't seen him (Rocky) for a while - he's still as gorgeous as ever and thank God a real softie coz he's in capable hands!! It makes my blood boil to see idiots in control of such a beautiful dog and changing their character totally!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. hectorsmum

hectorsmum New Member

Name:
    julie
    WOW!

Hasn't he grown up to be a gorgeous looking dog.............definatley NOT a pit bull on steriods. :lol:
  4. random

random New Member

Name:
    Kel
    awwwwwwww:smt007
  5. Janie_B

Janie_B New Member

Name:
    Janie
    He is a beautiful pooch :grin:
  6. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

Great to see Rocky! :grin:
  7. Naomi

Naomi New Member

Name:
    Naomi
    Oh don't say that Mini, I've only just recovered from the first bashing they gave me, black & blue I was :roll:

Seriously tho, some of these journalists couldn't tell you the difference between a Yorkie and a Great Dane :roll:
  8. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    oooohhhhh rocky photos - its been too long hello handsome !!! ( sorry azz thats directed at Rocky by the way !! LOL )
  9. Luke

Luke New Member

I dont see how they slate a breed that they have more than likely never met?:?:?
  10. Olly

Olly New Member

Name:
    olly
    Dont want to say the wrong thing and upset anybody , but must say that report taken at face value is very scary ,but dont feel in any position to judge as i dont know anything about this breed (other than what i just read )in the meantime i think i'll just prey not to meet one thats untrained or worse in the hands of an idiot :roll:
  11. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    when i started the northern inuit breed,the press reports said they were the next devil dog,and that by the age of three they were likely to turn round and savage there owner.yer right lol eighteen years later im still here and the only dog bite was from a jack russell i micro chipped,
  12. Lucky Star

Lucky Star Member

:shock: Got that just a teensy bit wrong then, didn't they? :lol: :lol: :lol:
  13. AxlAndChaos

AxlAndChaos New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    I just wanted to say, please please please dont ever believe all you read! We had a rotty 17+ years ago when they were in the news as being "baby eaters"
    Ceaser was the most timid, playfull dog you could find, ok he growled and barked when he was in his yard , but only at noises never at people, as for kids, babies could lie and jump on his back and he just lay there .... sadly someone through "poisoned" meat over the gate and he was found too late to save, he lived a very short but happy 6 years

ceaser the great! RIP
    [​IMG]
  14. Ella's Mum

Ella's Mum New Member

Name:
    Nazie
    how wicked to do that !!! every dog whatever breed has the ability to bite from a tiny to a huge one they all have teeth !!
  15. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani

just wanted to say that caesar was beautiful and must be sorely missed. I assume that the people who poisoned him were never caught - thats a tragedy and yes rotties are fabulous - my Oh had one who was the gentlest lump you would ever meet.

scaremongering and sensationalism is the only way to sell papers - more fool the people who believe it.

I own a devil dog (staffie) and wouldnt have it any other way - its the owners not the dog and people need to realise it

dani:)
  16. tillytails

tillytails New Member

Name:
    Diane
    :cry: That's really shocking. I'm so sorry you lost your gorgeous dog in such a cruel way. And the photo of him is stunning - I rarely see rotties and hadn't realised their beauty. Thank you for letting us see Ceaser.
  17. Anne-Marie

Anne-Marie New Member

Name:
    Anne-Marie
    Anti-dog press

He was a stunner Dani.

Couldn't agree with you more, since owning Rotts (and have owned German Shepherds too) - I've never encountered as much breed prejudice in my life. I can even recall one time someone throwing a brick at my gorgeous Rottie girl Brandy just because they were afraid of her and had read about 'Those sorts of dog' in the paper :evil:

Brandy was a true ambassador of her breed, she was used as the dog pups were introduced to at the training club as she was so reliable and calm tempered, she never growled at them even when they nipped to test her, she would just hold them down for a bit with her paws and they soon respected her! Both her and my other dog were very well trained, went to working trials, obedience and agility which I was very proud of, didn't make a jot of difference to them being pre-judged!

I am a huge believer of never judging a book by it's cover - breeds I believe cannot be banded together and all classed as bad, there are huge variants as to why a dogs temperament is unsound.... poor breeders, bad lineage, lack of socialization, incorrect handling, lack of training, the list is endless.

Time and time again we see various breeds maligned in the press, the latest bandwagon seems to be Presas or other Bull breeds, but we often here about Staffies and how many times do we see a pic of a snarling Rottie or Pit Bull next to some storyline? Sensationalism sells I'm sorry to say :-(
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2006
  18. Gems

Gems New Member

Name:
    Gemma
    wrong breed in the wrong hands creates the 'monsters' people talk about :(
  19. micki

micki

Maybe we need better laws surrounding the ownership of certain breeds.. some breeds could b used as deadly weapons in the wrong hands,the same as guns so maybe we should have similar laws around certain breeds just like we do gun ownership.. An age restriction before applying to begin with, im not against such breeds as i own one but would welcome tighter laws concerning them.
  20. AxlAndChaos

AxlAndChaos New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    I agree with Micki, there should be laws, that if you want to own a "bully breed" you should be vetted, house checked, have to register with the police or whatever (think it would be a good idea for ANY dog owner to have to register themselfs and there dogs regardless of breed, might cut down on strays and poor unwanted dogs :-( ) pedigree's obviously KC registered and what not, but its never going to happen, is it? they have already banned pit bulls, whats next?
  21. juliekelham

juliekelham

Name:
    julie
    so by doing that your saying that your dog is dagerouse, infact your condeming all bully breeds as dangerouse.your taking away peoples right to choose the breed that suits them ,be it a bull breed or a yorkshire terrier,and your putting all bull breeds seriously at risk by sigling them out as needing a licence.