Proudly British! Photos

Discussion in 'Shar Pei' started by Pork1epe1, Feb 14, 2016.

1. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara

Proudly British!

Well, sort of .... considering she's Chinese but born in Hungary!

Georgina wanted to show you her new Julius K9 Harness, her mum bought her. Little brother's got one to match but was a bit too shy to be photographed in his... perhaps another day!

They've also got new handmade leather training leads which are 3 metres at their longest but can be shortened right down to 1.5 metres. We haven't tried them yet as the ground is quagmire!

These dogs of mine will bankrupt me!

SAM_1363.JPG
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    You look so pretty in your harness
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    The Princess looks a picture! And those training leads look really good.

I'm the same over tracking lines - we only use old scruffy ones in muddy fields. Boy do they soak up the mud! I'm going to get one of the lightweight rubberised webbing ones for Merry. They roll up ever so small, and I've been told they are very easy to rinse clean.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Very nice and I like the colour, not to ‘girly’
    I like leather leads though I couldn't get on with hard leather, the ones i used were strong but really soft and supple they also had the plaited ends.
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  6. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    6JRT's likes this.
    Georgina's definitely not a "pink" girl and I'm sick of seeing Gwylim in red but I do like their harnesses to match which is why I settled for turquoise as it suits them both.

I bought their leads from www.titandogleads.co.uk. They're made of a soft supple leather which is plaited at intervals along the length. I've got small hands so I'm very particular in my choice of leads. I like to hold both leads in one hand so need ones that don't have bulky handles and the new ones are only 10 mm wide x 4.5 mm thick.

I also wanted leads that I could easily shorten when I'm getting the dogs in and out of the car as we often walk in places close to busy main roads where I'm not happy letting them off leash but like to walk them on a long line.Unfortunately, my car was designed for impoverished midgets like me! It doesn't have central locking and the back doors don't open wide enough to allow the dogs to jump onto or off the back seats. Poor Georgina has to clamber into the foot well, then turn round before climbing onto the seat although Gwylim being smaller finds it a little easier. The problem is that it's so awkward managing dogs and opening/closing car doors in a restricted space when your clutching surplus metres of lead and I'm hoping the new leads will make my life a bit easier.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    @Pork1epe1 I got Merry's lightweight rubberised line at our local W. Trial yesterday. (No, we weren't taking part, we were cooking bacon and eggs, and washing up!).
    So there's you in Hungary, being proudly British, while I see my line is marked,
    BENDE, KUTYA SPORTESZKOZ, Gyarto: BENDE MUVEK, 1084, BUDAPEST, JOZSEF u. 36. (plus various accents)!
    I tried it out today, the brass clip is perhaps a little on the heavy side for a Beagle, but overall I'm pleased with it - lightweight, waterproof, and a really good grip.
  8. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    What a coincidence! I looked BENDE up and it seems they supply dog sport equipment mainly for IPO and security dog training, which probably accounts for the sturdy brass clip. They have a shop in Budapest which from the photos looks interesting.

The Julius K9 Harness that Georgina's wearing in the photo are also made in Hungary and are very popular over here. I'm really pleased with them as both dogs seem to find them much more comfortable than their old Hunter harnesses and I'm finding the handle on the back of Georgina's harness very useful to hold on to when we're going up muddy, slippery slopes!

I haven't used their new leads yet mainly because I've pulled a muscle in my arm and also have a sore wrist,(definitely need a new arm) so my neighbour's been walking the dogs for me Instead I've been concentrating on doing some obedience training in the garden, trying to improve Georgina's recall which although it's reliable she seems to regard as doing me a great favour!

Next Sunday we're back to agility training after a break of nearly 3 months which Gwylim will love.He's such a happy uncomplicated boy (unlike his sister)! I'm going to speak to Kinga to see if she can suggest something that might suit Georgina better because I think she needs something more challenging where she has to use her brains more ... but I'm not sure what!