Question for CaroleC Questions

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by 6JRT's, Jun 7, 2016.

1. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u

Question for CaroleC

Do Beagles bark or do they just yodel ?

The reason I am asking is we have a Beagle pup roughly 6 months old just come in (court case) & she makes this weird sound (it sounds like she was gurgling)
    We thought she was choking the first time we heard her & call the on site vet, but he said she was just trying to bark (vet did check her out first)
    We don't get pedigree Beagles in normally, just cross breed Beagles so never heard a pedigree Beagle pup trying to bark/yodel.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Eddie barks, very deep and loudly too, but Merry has a more typical Beagle sound. Most owners describe it as Arrrooooo. Yes, it is more like a yodel really. She can also do a sharp insistent bark when she wants to, - usually when I'm too slow mixing their lunch! We are working on it.
    Poor little girl, I hope she doesn't have to stay in kennels for too long. Hope you can find a nice friend to pair her up with.
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Still not sure why she's there as she's been well looked after & arrived today with lovely bed plus tons of toys [all I know so far is that Nottingham council took tenants to court who in return have order pup to be held by us]
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's likes this.
    Oh dear! I do hope they haven't been evicted. Best not to ask I suppose. Do give her a little cuddle from me.