Quiet Lately General Chat

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by AIIan, Feb 27, 2017.

1. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan

Quiet Lately

Its been awfy quiet Lately,

Anyone have any updates on how things are going from previous posts?

Recent events for us have included.

- Prey Overdrive, Everest has been hunting and successfully eating flies on the wing like its going out of fashion.
    - She broke our fence in 3 places. One by snapping the tension wires and pulling down the sheeting material, the other 2 by snapping the 3 inch round posts at ground level by barelling into them to say hello to the postman.
    - Has been actually making noise of late, but nothing like ive seen on youtube.
    - Can reach the top of the microwave now, we lost a large bowl of leftover chicken, cheese and potatoes finding this out.
    - Just reached 60 lbs.
    - Food manners improving

And she seems to actually want to hang out with us now, not taking herself off to the downstairs kitchen so much any more though she still likes to lie with the doors open.

Anyone else?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Ah well! There's nothing like owning a dog for developing tolerance.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    And you call that quiet?
  5. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    I meant the forum was quiet......Me, not so much.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It happens Allan - just keep with us because we need you.
  7. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Its a shame really that People don’t tend to give updates,but only come back if they have problems.

Everest seems to be keeping you on your toes.
  8. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    With all these trolls, I like it quiet. Who ever heard of a longstanding member being a troll? Silly! I'm mostly into goldfish now and even though I still have Nigredo who is perfectly fine, I don't post about him much.

Jade is very old now, slowing WAY down, and has gotten way more moody. She also walks wonky kinda like myelopathy or like vestibular and is pretty lumpy and tumory (always has been plagued with mammary tumors). She's usually with my brother now, or in her crate, or sometimes she goes outside to get some fresh air in the kennel.

She does not go for walks anymore really, and she and Nigredo don't do well together anymore. She's just old and probably nearing the end of her rope. She's kinda thin, as well. She eats fine and still seems happy to see people (she no longer has much tolerance for animals) but she's not very upbeat anymore and I'm rarely around her for long as Nigredo is usually in tow and she absolutely can't stand him.

I've decided I never want another dog and so after Nigredo here is gone, that will be it for me. I'm not a super active poster on any dog forum anymore. I've lost most of my interest in dogs and like mostly fish and cats now.
  9. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Trolls? Two recent ones that I am 99.9% sure of, and one that I am 99.8% sure of. One thing for sure is that I am not a troll, even though I do use my neighbour's name!

Oh and she does know and thinks it is funny, and Azz [and others here] know that my name is Juli [without an 'e'] but I am still not a troll, whatever you call me.

Just do not call me late for dinner!
  10. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Troll? I'm still not sure. Attention seeking? Certainly. We are a lot quieter without Tina's naughtiness though. I wonder, has she carried on posting regardless in other places?

I do wonder why we have so many Breedia members who check in daily, and in some cases have been doing so for a long time. I don't think we are scary, so why do they not join in with an occasional comment? I can still remember feeling quite sick the first time I posted - too late to retract it once it had flown. I was so relieved the following day to find that someone had agreed with me! We have all been there, and know how it feels so please join us.
  11. mjfromga

mjfromga Member

Name:
    MJ
    I honestly just don't think this site appeals to most people. It's about pure bred dogs, but anybody who breeds them usually gets taken to school about their breeding practices etc when they come here. I will wager that VERY FEW people who breed dogs conform to what this site deems is appropriate. That sort of breeding is too expensive for many people and thus the lack of active members is explained.

If you don't own a pure bred dog or aren't that knowledgeable about dogs in general, its sort of hard to fit in here. Many of the conversations are about such. The off topic section doesn't get much action either. Many people want health and training advice etc and this isn't the best place for that. Advertising is against site rules and also this site is UK based, so many non UK members don't join.

I used to post on Dogsey before it became too dramatic and not really about dogs and several of my friends left. I came here because it's more quiet. I stayed here because it's more quiet. Tina with all her nonsense and lies and stories may have made the site more active, but that just goes to show how truly inactive the site is. The other member who said she was from the USA and then copied information from another site disappeared once she was discovered as well. Total troll.

All in all, if I may be so bold, this simply isn't a great site. IMO there's not a lot to talk about here, there are not many active members, there is a lack of diversity amongst the members that DO exist, a lack of moderating, a hard to navigate and confusing layout, a most unfortunate site name (my opinion), and it doesn't function smoothly with my tablet either (lots of glitching). I can't think of many reasons MOST people would want to stay here.
  12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    No. I did not mean Tina although her stories did make me laugh. How she had the time to post on here and on FB I will never know but I guess it gave her attention and some sort of pleasure. And I do not think I was the only one humouring her.

No, the third one I am almost sure of was a newbie who never came back after she was, supposedly, taking her dog to a neuro because it had strange three-hour absence seizures. Not possible. And then "Rudika" said Tina, or whatever her name is, had FOUR hours Grand Mal seizures?

Oh, and the one I am almost sure is a troll is also disabled? I think I posted it on Dogsey - a photograph of Pereg next to my electric wheelchair [the previous one] with her monkeys in her mouth. Also posted pictures of her by my crutches. But hey, who cares. Tina was fun. A liar but fun. And there are at least two people here who can prove I live in Israel by telephone calls. Azz - do you remember calling me and you had to put in the Israel code? .

Not that it matters because I know who I am and that I am not a troll. No fancy photographs like Tina posted. The last one of me on The Silver Monster that Hai took, and the first on of me holding that tiny shrimp Tikva - look on the wall - there was a sign in Hebrew. And guess what - same me, same spectacles.

You do not like it? Tough. You to not believe me? Tough. But I am not a troll. And my beloved Pereg WAS severely epileptic and YES I have bee stuck in a wheelchair for over 20 years. And I think that is now I left Breedia. Been nice knowing you but I am not a troll and I to not like accusations.
  13. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka, I haven't seen a post that accuses you of lying or being a troll. I think you are taking posts about others personally when they are not aimed at you.

Dedicated sites seem to have all fallen off the radar to varying degrees since the popularity of social media boomed. Personally, I prefer the dedicated sites and find social media tedious at times, but hey ho
  14. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    Well that didnt quite pan out as i expected.....

What is a troll? Apart from the bridge dwelling fairytale creature?

Seems to me that this site suffers the same as almost any other forum site, any time you get people together to discuss a topic it invariably leads to name calling, second guessing peoples motives and criticizing peoples decisions.......happens everywhere.

I personally have found the place fairly easy to navigate and a good source of information and advice.....

On a lighter note Everest is on track to pass her bronze dog training award, the sticking point was a 1 minute stay at 5 paces.......last night she did it for the first time in class.....proud.
  15. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    I look at this forum as more of a ‘search’ forum, where most members come on to look up different breeds, When I click on a members name they are usually looking up breeds, yes I do find the forum a bit of a ‘mish mash , and awkward to navigate for info Ect:

Im not quite sure what Azz had in mind for this forum to be honest.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Who joined recently, just before Tina had a four hour Grand Mal seizure, saying her dog had been having three hour strange episode. Coincide that she is also disabled.

@Chris B - No, I did not mean me - I just did not want to say who I thought it was. You have all, well most or you, have known me for long enough. The person I am sure about is a newbie. Not me.

And all of a sudden said her dog had had three hour "odd" seizures - been seen by two vets and was going to be seen by a neurologists but never came back, and then Tina had a FOUR hour Grand Mal seizure?

Come on, everyone knew my Pereg was severely epileptic. And now yet another newbit has mentioned canint epilepsy.

What do I have to do short of posting revolding videos of my beloved Pereg thrashing around?

@GsdSlave - I can only thing Breedia was to reduce the chatr from Dogsey?

I think it is time I left Breedia - which is dead in any case.
  17. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Azz - if you ever bother to read this site - you lost it before it even started.
  18. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Malka
    In a couple of your posts you did give the impression that you were being accused of being a troll.
  19. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    Pork1epe1 likes this.
    Would it be prudent at this point to start a "What do you think is wrong with Breedia - Lets discuss it!" thread? seems to be the way things are headed.

Might lead to some improvements and dissolve some tension.....
  20. AIIan

AIIan Member

Name:
    Allan
    Some pics to lighten the mood and make it A mal-vellous thread again.

Attached Files:

21. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    @allan - I do not know what to to suggest but Breedia is not what Azz intended. If he will let me say this, I Beta tested it before it was open for everyone.[/QUOTE]

And of course I am not a troll Vee.I just do not own a pure bred dog although I did when I was a UK KC registered Griffon Breeder- Vee. and my Affix was registered for life. Just because Lexi and Pereg were mutts and Baby Ziva? who knows. And little Tikva is just a cross-breed, does that make me a troll.
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2017