Rescue home first Scotties Rescue

Discussion in 'Scottish Terrier' started by 6JRT's, Oct 21, 2014.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

Name:
    Jackie

All the above is only true if you are a permanent resident in the Uk .

You don't have to register a foreign car if you only stay in the UK for 6 mths at a time, you also don't need to tax or insure it, as long as it's done in the country of Origen.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Yes I am taking about leaving vehicles in England not just for few months x
  4. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Not sure if the police are going to use the ANPR (automatic number plate recognition) to track down vehicle down, as in their own words its only a couple of dogs, if it been a child/drugs or terrorist then yes they would have tracked vehicle down by now.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I am just so out of touch with the modern vehicle system now - come to think of it I am out of touch with everything, I mean I still do not understand how I can type an email to someone, press SEND and it goes to the correct person?

Or, for that matter, how I can type this, press Post Reply and it appears?

There were no speed cameras back then. No CCTV. No ANPR. And no satnav. In those days we used maps and I never got lost!

I had a [red, hardback] - book of road maps of the UK - used to plan journeys in advance and put bits of paper inbetween pages - notes saying "look for such and such sign".

Even spent four weeks driving through the top left-hand quarter of France just using an RAC map and only got lost once - driving through Fougères, and that was only because a signpost was missing.

And yet this morning, Effie, my computer guy, telephoned me as I had left a message for him - and he said he had to be quick as he was relying on his satnav to tell him where to go - and this was fairly local?
  6. katygeorge

katygeorge Member

Name:
    katy
    thats what i mean, they can do it, they just wont do it
  7. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    I agree Katy they only checked to see if the vehicle belonged to the Scottie owners & when it proved not to be they just left.