Rescue puppy - GSP? Questions

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by ktmeyer, Dec 22, 2016.

1. ktmeyer

ktmeyer New Member

Name:
    Katie

Rescue puppy - GSP?

This puppy was transported from a shelter in Georgia, USA to a rescue in Florida, where a former coworker of mine was fostering him. We are in love with him, no matter what breed his is, but are trying to figure it out. He looks like a GSP to me, and I've had weimaraners before, but his coloring would be somewhat unusual for the breed I think? Others have suggested possibly a blue tick coonhound, which I have very little experience with, but even with that breed I think his coloring isn't quite right (they usually have brown markings on face and legs). Any guesses? I will say he was VERY interested in the bird cages when we went by the pet store to get supplies, and sniffed out a feather in the house out of the toy bin (my daughter had found it and kept it).

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    Could be mixed breed
    Plott hound-Coon hound-Cougar hunting hound-Treeing Walker hound-Saddleback hound-Fox hound-Blood hound-Beagle
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Whatever he is, and I do not have the slightest idea, he is lovely - and so are your children! :)
  5. ktmeyer

ktmeyer New Member

Name:
    Katie
    Malka likes this.
    Aww, thanks! yeah, whatever he is, he's amazing. And I like the kids pretty well I guess too, lol.
  6. ktmeyer

ktmeyer New Member

Name:
    Katie
    CaroleC likes this.
    I guess we wait to see if he points or starts baying like a hound!
  7. Danijoe87

Danijoe87 New Member

Name:
    Dan
    He is definitely very beautiful. It looks like he has pointer in him. Are his markings brown or black? This may or may not point to which pointer he has? English pointers are black whereas German are the liver colour.
    Hope this helps you out a little.