"Room clearer" Diet

Discussion in 'Alaskan Malamute' started by Shiloh the Malamute, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Shiloh the Malamute

Shiloh the Malamute New Member

Name:
    gabe

"Room clearer"

shiloh is definitely a gasser he will clear the room like no other

Not the biggest problem but sometimes gets annoying
    I know a lot of mal owners use raw diet but just don't really have the funding for that or time.

He is on kibble diet and has been since he was 3 months called blue buffalo wilderness now he is 7 months but just Curious if you guys had any similar experiences with your mals.

Also if any kibble feeders any suggestions on how much to feed at his age such a wide variety of suggestions from websites and forums it's hard to be sure.
    Shiloh is 50 lbs at 7 months he used to be 43lbs a month ago I've been trying to plump him up more I felt he was to skinny for his size. Being able to feel his hip bones and his spine.
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    CaroleC likes this.
    I don't have a Mal but if my dog produced wind like that I would look at alternative foods for him. Can his breeder help you with that? Maybe your vet? I believe that a food that suits the dog doesn't produce offensive or excess wind, nor large, smelly poohs.

If your pup is too skinny maybe get him checked over by a vet, get him wormed.

Blue Buffalo seems to be a US food, are you in the US? If so, most of us here won't be able to suggest an alternative as this is a UK based forums, but we do have some US based members, who hopefully can help.
  4. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    To reply to your question of how much to feed - I feed to appetite and regularly feel my dogs. If they look/feel too skinny I feed more, if they look/feel a little too chunky, I reduce the amount.

In the UK (forgive me for assuming you are in the US if you're not) there are plenty of companies producing complete raw diets. Many pet shops stock them, they are also available online. I feed raw, and used to prepare the dogs' food myself. But now one of my dogs has health issues and can only have low fat foods. It is much easier for me now to buy ready made foods as they list the ingredients/composition so I don't have to any calculations.

When I was last in a pet shop, I looked at some kibble prices and thought they were more expensive than the raw I feed. But a large freezer is needed unless you have a raw supplier close to you and can buy small quantities as and when needed.