RR cross? Introductions

Discussion in 'Rhodesian Ridgeback' started by RuadhanC, Sep 1, 2016.

1. RuadhanC

RuadhanC New Member

Name:
    Ruadhan
    CaroleC and Azz like this.

RR cross?

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Hi guys, new here. Here's the thing, I have a 2 year old dog that I rescued when he was 6 weeks. His name is Cullan. We were told that he was a boxer/border collie mix (can't see the slightest bit of collie so I've doubted that from day one), but I can see the boxer in him, but more so I always thought he was similar to a Great Dane. Knowing the Great Danes were used in the lineage of boxers I just accepted that his genes must have favoured a Danes head on a boxers body. Until I discovered the Rhodesian ridgeback, seeing some of these dogs made me think for a second that he could be a full RR but then I googled the breed characteristics and he's missing the ridge on his back. So I'm thinking he could be a cross.
    Anyone agree? Or can anyone see the collie/boxer in him?
    Regardless he's a very handsome dog, I'm just curious as to what he could be.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. BlueJay

BlueJay Member

Name:
    Erin
    RuadhanC likes this.
    He could be an RR mix, he's very handsome!

He looks to have quite a thick coat though? Boxers and ridgebacks both have very short, smooth coats
    I'd buy something like shepherd x boxer, but of course he's not necessarily a straight cross between two breeds :)
  4. RuadhanC

RuadhanC New Member

Name:
    Ruadhan
    BlueJay likes this.
    Thank you! ☺️
    Yes his coat is a little longer than a boxers, it's short around his head and legs but it's thicker on his chest and back. I've thought shepherd X before too. Thanks for your reply! ☺️
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    He looks quite a bit like my neighbours RR :mrgreen:

He might just be a ridge-less RR :023:
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yazmin likes this.
    Whatever he is, whatever mix he might be, as long as you love him does it matter? He is such a handsome dog whatever he is.
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    He is lovely, and looks a big softy.