Safe to buy or avoid? Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by WPS32, Feb 2, 2017.

1. WPS32

WPS32 New Member

Name:
    Wayne

Safe to buy or avoid?

Hi all, I would welcome some opinions/advice if possible? We're going to view a 16 week old French Bulldog tomorrow evening, appears to be two left in the litter, one boy one girl. We are interested in the girl, both pups look very healthy in their photo's but I was slightly concerned about a few things, and wanted some constructive advice before I commit to the 4 hr round journey!
    Firstly, we've had email and text conversations with the owner/breeder and agreed the visit date late ish last night. I said I would need her address, then at the end of the conversation she said she would send me her address today-does that sound odd or are they being cautious?
    I asked if she would accept a direct bank transfer when we are there if we are happy with the pup but she said she would prefer cash.
    She sent me a message telling me the pups are not KC registered which we knew, but then said they have a passport?
    Lastly, I found her same advert on a different website this morning, and the contact telephone number is different to the one I've been speaking with her on.
    I can tell from her phrasing that the seller is not a native to English but saying that her English is very good-I don't know if that has any bearing?
    Sorry for the length of this thread, but wanted you all to have the full details so you might better help. I can think of logical reasons for all of the questions but wonder if thats just because we fell in love with the pictures!
    Thank you.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    WPS32 likes this.
    I would defiantly avoid, sounds like its been imported into the country, find a reputable breeder that has done health tests ect: and you can visit puppies with mother.
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    WPS32 likes this.
    I could not have said it better, thank you Vee.

@WPS32 - Avoid like the plague.
  5. GalaposLandSnail

GalaposLandSnail New Member

Name:
    Lena
    Why would you purchase pups without registration papers? If you want a mongrel, go find one in off the street.
  6. WPS32

WPS32 New Member

Name:
    Wayne
    Thanks for your advice everyone, everything seemed fine but just had that niggle in the back of my mind. @GalaposLandSnail thanks for your snidey reply, nice to know I can get two out of three decent replies.
  7. GalaposLandSnail

GalaposLandSnail New Member

Name:
    Lena
    What do you think you are going to get from a dog that doesn't even have papers? A mongrel, a dog with poor health, bad temperament, etc. This isn't rocket science.
  8. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka, WPS32 and GsdSlave like this.
    This is a known methodology used by dog dealers. These puppies have been subject to considerable stress during their transportation. Many of these puppies become ill and some even die. Please do not support this trade.
  9. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    WPS32 likes this.
    pedigrees can and have been falsified,so its not always a guarantee .