Samoyed snout discolouring Health

Discussion in 'Samoyed' started by Christopher, May 22, 2015.

1. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Name:
    Chris

Samoyed snout discolouring

Hello All,

I've become a Samoyed owner a few weeks ago. There seems to be some discolouring on his snout/nose area. I'm not sure if this is normal for a 4 month old puppy, some parts have no fur. I have attached a coulple of photos. Can someone kindly let me know if this is a common issue or a problem that I should have looked at immediately.

Please let me know.

Thank you

Chris

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    From what I can see on the photo's, it doesn't look sore. Was he like that when he arrived? Do you think he could have rubbed the hair away by sticking his nose through the bars of a crate? If you are in any doubt - or if it goes any worse - I would ask for a vet. check.
  4. Christopher

Christopher New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Hello, thank you for your reply.

When I brought him home, he had none of these issues. I'm starting to wonder if it because of his diet, specifically the water or the brand of food he is eating? Maybe an allergic reaction to the ingredients? Will consider changing brands.

Food brand: Naturea Growth
    Water: From tap

Any advice would be great.

Thank you.

Chris
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    I think I would get a vets opinion. There is a type of mange (demodex) which can affect puppies, and often presents on the face. Don't worry, it is non serious and doesn't spread on bedding and the like - the only live mites are on the dog. Google 'Puppy Mange', and see if any of the info matches with your experience.