Schipperke help Questions

Discussion in 'Schipperke' started by Bentroei, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Bentroei

Bentroei New Member

Name:
    Ben

Schipperke help

Hello,
    My names Ben and this morning our beloved skip took his last breath at the age of 13. Schipperkes are renowned for being heavily attached to one owner, which was my mum. I was wondering if anyone could help me with tracking down somewhere that I could buy her a white schipperke ornament in memory of him?
    Many thanks in anticipation
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Hello Ben - I am so sorry to hear that your beloved Skip has gone to the Bridge. May his memory be for a Blessing.

I am sorry that cannot help you regarding where you could buy a white Schipperke ornament but hopefully someone on Breedia can advise you better than I. You do not say where you are, which would help

If there is a Schipperke breed club or association in your area, maybe they could help?
  4. Bentroei

Bentroei New Member

Name:
    Ben
    Hello,
    Thank you for both your reply and condolences, I'm situated in the U.K. But am happy to pay for delivery from wherever.
  5. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    So sorry to hear your sad news. I can't think of any Schipperke ornaments at the moment, but have you thought of a portrait? I think there are some talented artists who paint from photographs.
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Sorry for your loss. I have just had a quick scan on eBay, and they all seem to be black!
    There are a couple of engraved glasses on there, the engraving appears white of course, but they are not models! Silver plated brooch or charms - could represent any colour?
  7. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Ben, if you want a portrait from a photograph I can recommend the artist who drew Pereg for me from photographs. I do not remember how much she charged but it was worth every penny. I wanted it in black and white with just her epi tag in colour, and it was hand drawn in graphite. She is in the UK.

[​IMG]
  8. Bentroei

Bentroei New Member

Name:
    Ben
    Thank you all so much for the replies, it means a lot. I do already have a friend doing a sketch from a photo, I was hoping to find some kind of statuette or something, similar to a border fine arts if that means anything to anyone, we have a border collie sat in the fireplace which my parents bought after our first dog passed and I've looked all over but can't find something similar. I was hopeful I could find something to put his collar on for her.
    Again, thank you all so much for your replies so far.
  9. Innocence

Innocence Member

Name:
    Jane
    Hello,
    I am glad you are getting a artist to do a photo of your beloved Skip. I am very sorry for your loss. It's just a thought, but my neighbor did this when her cat died, she took the little jingly name tag of the collar and made it into a necklace so she could wear it close to her heart every day. Thought it was a great idea.
    Jane
    xx