She's home! General Chat

Discussion in 'German Shorthaired Pointer' started by Lindsey Mechenbier, Nov 18, 2016.

1. Lindsey Mechenbier

Lindsey Mechenbier New Member

Name:
    Lindsey

She's home!

We finally got to bring Liza home! We are all so in love. She is the SWEETEST girl. So loving and calm surprisingly! We are establishing a safe loving environment for her before we start any real training but I know how important mental stimulation is for GSPs. As far as exercise right now we are taking her for a 20 min walk when we take the kids to school, followed by a good 15 min of throwing the ball and running around the yard before we leave for work. In the evenings we are doing a 30 min walk but will start running with her this weekend. We will build up her endurance slowly, starting with half mile increments, and see how she does. Thoughts? Our last dog, a German Shepherd, could not exercise enough it seemed like sometimes haha! I am looking forward to finding a good balance for Liza :) And also giving her jobs soon. Thank you all in advance for any suggestions on exercise or keeping your GSPs from getting bored!!

She is so hard to get a good picture of because she LOVES to carry a toy around in her mouth at all times haha :)

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    :007: :007: she's beautiful :007: :007:
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So pleased that she is all you wished for. I take it that you are keeping the name.
  5. Lindsey Mechenbier

Name:
    Lindsey
    At the moment yes haha. My husband and I are still trying to agree on her new one! We are going to nail it down this weekend or just go ahead and keep Liza.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    She is so beautiful :049:
    [​IMG]
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    She's a beauty. Wishing you long years of happiness with her (whatever her name :) )
  8. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  9. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    Congratulations !!!
    What an absolute beauty. I love the colours.

When I first read your post, I hadn't seen the pictures, and thought you were discussing a 'very young' puppy.

When I read your exercise plans, my eyes almost popped out of my head, lol. I thought HOLY CROW! all this for a baby puppy...:eek:

Then I saw the pictures, and had a good laugh. How old is Liza by the way?

You could make her Eliza Doolittle (My Fair Lady) ;)
  10. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    What a pretty girl x
  11. Lindsey Mechenbier

Name:
    Lindsey
    Hahahaha I legitimately laughed out loud :) That is awesome :)

Liza is a little over 2. We just adopted her from the military working dog training program. I love her colors too! My kids say she looks like a dalmation lol. Her back right quarter is all the liver color as well, just not visible in the pics.

Some more pics from this evening. Gah!!!! We are just so over the moon to have her!! It has been three days now and she has just been a pure joy. I will quit posting pics I promise haha!

Attached Files:

12. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Please never stop posting pics - it is so nice to see pics of our Breedia dogs and I am sure I am not the only one who loves seeing them.

Ah, but she looks so comfortable and happy and so much at home, and obviously adores your children. I think her paws are firmly plonked under your table - and just about everywhere now! :D
  13. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
  14. Elana

Elana Member

Name:
    Elana
    I must echo Malka in this....

Please keep posting pictures. I do love seeing photos of the pups we're reading about. It makes them real, and we don't have to try to imagine what they look like.

I love the picture of your daughter (?) and Liza. Two beautiful young ladies :).
  15. Lindsey Mechenbier

Name:
    Lindsey
    CaroleC and Malka like this.
    Yes that's my daughter :) She is our middle child and the one that is most active in helping. We received the harness yesterday, as opposed to the traditional collar and leash we were using up until now, and this morning I gave my daughter the lead and she was able to walk her the last block home with very minimal pulling. (I had the end of the leash just to be sure. ;) My daughter just wanted to walk her so badly haha)

We finally agreed on Maggie!! We had to resort to choosing all of our favorite classic rock artists/songs and Rod Stewart's Maggie May was the winner :049:

Watching Ohio State with Daddy tonight! She has the leash on only because our cat was out and we are still taking that very VERY slowly. Maggie and our cat however are both doing shockingly well so that will probably end soon.

Attached Files: