Silly man with his yorkie General Chat

Discussion in 'Yorkshire Terrier' started by pugluva, Jan 4, 2015.

1. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    Azz and 6JRT's like this.

Silly man with his yorkie

was walking my pugs this afternoon on the track at the back of my house, bumped into this man with the most gorgeous yorkie. I've never seen the poor thing off the lead.
    He only ever walks it a little way up track then turns round and goes home. I stood talking to him today asked how old. he said a year, it so wanted to play with mine, anyway we walked on but Morris stayed back wanting to play with it.
    Anyone could see by Morris's body language he wanted to play the man yanked the poor thing off the ground by its harness and swung it round thinking molls was going to savage it.
    I whistled him and he came straight back to me.
    But I did feel so sorry for the poor little yorkie.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. 6JRT's

6JRT's Member

Name:
    u
    pugluva likes this.
    Some owners don't know how to understand other dogs body language, they think their little dogs are going to get ripped apart by every dog they see.
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    6JRT's and pugluva like this.
    Poor little soul. We have met some really playful Yorkies that really enjoy life.
  5. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    6JRT's likes this.
    Some people just haven't got a clue, and the poor dogs suffer for it.
  6. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    Its so easy to pass judgement, If dogs are on lead there is usually a good reason It is very stressful out walking when countless owners allow their dogs to approach wither they are friendly or not.
    With loose dogs I always make sure mine wait and stick with me until im happy with the situation.
    if I see an on lead dog, in courtesy to the owner I either pop mine on lead or put them in the down, until they pass.
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    When I had my tiny Chloe I would sometimes pick her up when a large strange off lead dog approached. It depended though on her body language ... if she sat down and had a pleading look on her face I knew she wasn't happy. Gwylim is totally different .. if he doesn't like a dog he'll move back and give a warning growl, but as he's too heavy to pick up I'll walk him in the opposite direction.
  8. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    I can understand what your saying about putting dogs back on leads. I do the same if I see a dog on a lead.
    But I see this man every afternoon and the dog is so excited to see mine it's just so friendly it would love to play but it's not allowed too he walks along texting on his phone for short distance then turns round and walks back all the time texting on the phone.
    This dogs friendly nothing nasty about it at all.
    But perhaps I got it wrong must be a reason he don't want it to mix with other dogs.
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    So many tiny toydogs never actually get the chance to be dogs. One little Yorkie in my road is walked on the lead for about 70 yards up the pavement to a patch of grass.They then turn around and go back home again.
  10. Trouble

Trouble Member

Name:
    shirley
    pugluva likes this.
    You can never win whatever you do I've lost track of the number of people who've told me my Pugs shouldn't be running around cos they can't breathe. Funny that they've not keeled over yet.
  11. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    If hes quite friendly next time you talk to him perhaps you could ask if she/he allowed to play with yours, and drop into conversation why she/he not allowed off lead, you may be able to help.
  12. pugluva

pugluva Member

Name:
    carol
    Ah. A fellow pug owner, yes I've had similar comments.
    But my pugs go for a couple hours walking a day. It's what you get them use too in my opinion.
  13. LMost

LMost Member

Name:
    LMost
    Unfortunately I see way to many that don't take the time to train so there afraid to let there dogs off leash.