Skin problems Questions

Discussion in 'French Bulldog' started by ks3nje, Dec 31, 2016.

1. ks3nje

ks3nje New Member

Name:
    Kathleen

Skin problems

I have a French bulldog \Pug mix. I got her when she was 3 and have had her 4 years. Twice a year she gets hives, big bumps on her back. The Vet said allergies. I feed her chicken soup for the dog lovers soul. I've tried diamond naturals, taste of the wild and she had lose bowels movements. Anyone out there that is experiencing same thing or can give me a better food product. I'm getting tired of taking her to vet so often, high bills, and no results.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Does she get them at the same time every year?

If so, it could be more of an environmental allergy than food??
  4. ks3nje

ks3nje New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    It comes and goes different times different seasons. I have eliminated everything I don't give her table Foods I never really did but I've kept her on the same food since September no other food. The only thing I could think of could be some time she gets into the cat food and also the cat feces from the litter box I've called her a couple times.
  5. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Have you tried taking the meat out of her diet and trying something like Salmon and Potato?

Both are usually novel proteins to a dog so eliminates most of the possible allergens diet-wise. If it works, great, you can then add one thing at time to try to find possible causes, if not, then it's back to environmental allergens, or another problem altogether
  6. muddymoodymoo

muddymoodymoo New Member

Name:
    muddymoodymoo
    Has the vet tested to find out what she might be allergic to? If not why not? Otherwise you could be wasting time and money treating something she hasn't got, whilst she suffers discomfort.
  7. ks3nje

ks3nje New Member

Name:
    Kathleen
    I just took her in, again, another $150.00/ Got more medicenes, shampoo, and this time they want her rechecked in two weeks. Hopefully they can find out what is wrong.