Snuggles on the bed General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Jun 3, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Pork1epe1 like this.

Snuggles on the bed

Nanny naps are now needed at my old age but a hot Tikva on my tummy when I am zonked on my recliner is not such a good idea in this weather.

Bed. Bed is what is needed - my bed where I can flonk out comfortably but until recently Tikva thought that bed, my bed, was for her to dig under the pillows for tissues... and chew my very short hair... and wash my ears...

...but sleep and not disturb me?

Tik Tok Tikki Tikva has now decided that at gone two-years-old she is [sort of] grown up. So she now cuddles up to my back while I have my nanny nap, and we both have a delightful doze.

Funny little girl is my Tikva, but I do love her so very much.

Well, would not you?
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It is still working! Tikki knows that her crate, in my bedroom, is for nights and does not ask to go in it if it is nanny nap time. She leaps on the bed, makes herself comfortable after I have followed her [she gets into the bedroom far faster than I do], and zonks off until I decide to get up.

And yet at night, when it is bedtime, she only wants to go in her crate. Not sleeping with me on my bed. Strange little girl.
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Chico is a strange little thing too. He comes up to bed with me, and burrows under the duvet for the night. As soon as I start to get up, he nips downstairs and burrows under his blanket on the settee, where he will sleep for another couple of hours before finally getting up and going out for a wee.
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    I just think it is lovely the way dogs decide what and where they want to sleep, beit for my nanny nap of for the night. Little One Lexi always slept on top of the bed, as did Pereg, and the first time I had used a crate was for Baby Ziva, who was only with me for just 11 days.

Tikva loves her night crate. She does twirly twirlies before she goes into it, has her little bikkie, curls up on the sleeping mat at the end of it, and zonks off while I lock up, close the computer, get undressed... and she does not move until it is get up time.

But I am beginning to enjoy the nanny nap snuggles now!
  6. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    CaroleC likes this.
    I wish Chico would sleep on top of the bed instead of under the duvet - how he does not suffocate I do not know! Pepe is happy in a dog bed, except when he has just been clipped. Then, because he hasn't got the warmth and cushioning of his woolly coat, he seeks out a human bed. Anyone's will do!
  7. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Georgina very rarely sleeps on my bed, she much prefers her mattress next to my bed. Gwylim likes to lie close to me and I have to put my arm round him and my face next to his whilst he falls asleep. He reminds me of a baby who wakes up the moment you try to move. He might only be small but he takes up most of the bed and I'll often wake in the middle of the night to find he's stolen most of the duvet! Little monkey!