So clever ! General Chat

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by My bear Yoji, Jun 21, 2018.

1. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa

So clever !

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Much as I would have liked to see it the link will not work for me as I do not do FB and it is only available for FB users. :(
  4. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Ah ok, I didn’t realise it would only show to FB users, lesson 1 learnt for today.
    Well, a lady was trying to stop her beagle helping itself to whatever it wanted, it even opened the kitchen cupboards and doors, it was a big open space so doors weren’t an option, so, she place 3 separate low voltage rugs side by side so they filled the space where the cupboards and drawers were. Low voltage ( ! ) their words not mind and I have to say I’m not a fan it was just an amusing thing to watch.
    The clever pooch began dragging the rugs away one by one and eventually made enough space to gingerly make its way to the drawers and then opened the bottom drawer, climbed in to open the next to reach the counter tops
    I hope I have explained it well enough for you to be able to visualise it Juli x
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Never mind Philippa - your explanation was vivid enough [not that like the idea of rugs. however low voltage.

Tikki knows exactly where her food, chews and the few treats she has are kept, and although of course she cannot open refrigerators or freezers, she could easily open the chews/treats cupboards.

But she does not.

Maybe she does know how to behave after all?
  6. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Yes Philippa, I saw this too. I think the little boxes on the mats must have only given out pops and sparks - creating a sort of barrier - otherwise the Beagle wouldn't have been able to drag the mats away. I liked the way that she pulled out the kitchen drawers to make herself a step up to the worktop.
    There are several of this type of video featuring beagles. In one, the Beagle noses a kitchen chair into position, then walks over the hob and sink to reach the oven, drop the door, and pull out a tray of food. This falls to the floor, where it is eaten by the Beagle.
    In another, a Beagle has learned to stand on the back of a dining chair, adjusting its weight till the chair tips, and the Beag. gets flight assistance to the worktop.
    I have a friend whose Beagles regularly raided her fridge. She fitted child locks, but the Beags chewed them off. She now has padlocks on the fridge and freezer, and when her mother forgot to replace one recently, - the fridge was raided. Her male can open microwave oven doors - both drop door and lever handle types.
    I don't know how anyone can think that Beagles can't learn, it's just that they prefer to choose what they want to learn. Just watch Purin the Super Beagle for evidence.
    https://labradorfun.com/2017/12/4/story-of-purin-the-super-beagle/
    Of course mine are comparative angels, never done any damage, and the only thing that Eddie steals are my hankies and knickers!
  7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    Eddie sounds fun !
    They are amusing clips to watch and I will watch the link you have sent later tonight !