So proud of my girl. Training

Discussion in 'Beagle' started by CaroleC, Jun 2, 2016.

1. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Sounds like a fun day, im sure Merry will do you proud.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    CaroleC likes this.
    Just posted an update on Georgina's UTI.

And Sugar Plum Fairy was what my mother always called me when as a small child I saw "The Red Shoes" with Moira Shearer (gosh that dates me) and decided I wanted to be a (very plump) ballerina! Georgina reminds me of me!
  4. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    It was the Houndshow today, and Merry qualified in both the 100 and the 240 metre Hound Scenting Tests. She did so well in the Beginner one, that I decided to try the Novice Test, and, 'just' about', qualified in that one too! Hardly Working Trial standard, but great fun nevertheless.
    It was really hot at Stafford, and I've come home looking like a beetroot, but she showed really well. She never stopped wagging, and came third in her breed Veteran class. Unfortunately the Veteran Stakes Class clashed, so we had to miss it.
  5. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Well done,i bet your proud of her.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Congratulations to you both! xx
  7. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    And she's even better at this ....
    IMG_20150901_192537.jpg
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    [​IMG]
  9. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Is that for Merry - or Charles?
  10. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Well as I do not do kissy kissy to husbands belonging to others...

...it was for Merry!

But you do have a very handsome husband and Merry obviously loves him so who am I to query that?

One thing I must say - I will be honest that I did not know the size of Beagles and Merry is larger than I had thought. But she is gorguss!

I wonder whether I talk about Puppy Dog Bliss as still being a puppy because she is so much smaller than Pereg was?
  11. Pork1epe1

Pork1epe1 Member

Name:
    Barbara
    Malka, Yazmin and CaroleC like this.
    She's such a clever girl and you're quite right to be proud of her! Makes you wonder how much she could have achieved if you'd had her when she was younger?

And who's a Daddy's girl?
  12. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka likes this.
    @Malka I call my two Puppy as well. It's nothing to do with their size, it's just because I'm their silly Mummy, - but I hope I'm not tooo bitchy.
    Merry is quite a nice size for her breed, she just fits under a 15" measure. Ed is only half an inch taller, but it makes a big difference in his bone and substance - he is over 3 kg heavier.
  13. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Merry got the idea of searching for something as part of her Scenting Test training, so this week I decided to start teaching her a Working Trial style property search. It keeps her mind occupied and stops her thinking of her obsession - rabbit poo! These pics are only from Charles' phone, and the daylight was poor today. You may notice her lead trailing, as we never know what will appear - this morning it was two off lead Huskies!
    Looking.jpg GotIt.jpg SoClever.jpg Merry's search items were a 2" x 1" roll of rubber, a 3" piece of plastic hosepipe, and a 2" x 1 1/2" piece of green flexible plastic. She was having trouble finding the last one until I showed her that she was standing with her foot on it!
  14. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Aww! Bless her x
  15. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    GsdSlave and Malka like this.
    2AirplaneEars.JPG This week I decided to let Merry try the scale jump, and she has gone from Eeeekk no! to scaling just over 3 feet. Of course she doesn't have a formal return yet, I have to change sides and call her back over. She looks as if she is ear assisted, aeroplaning as she goes over, and they flop forwards to cover her eyes for the landing.
    For some strange reason I can't get the second one to show. I think I may have overloaded this tablet.
  16. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC likes this.
    Well done Merry, you clever girl! :023: :038:
  17. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    Love the flying ears x
  18. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    Malka and GsdSlave like this.
    We came in from our walk this morning, and Merry popped herself over the scale on her way down the garden!
    So I set her up. 'Merry Hup', 'Stop Wait', 'Merry Back'. (Yes, this is a poor command - but it's a habit). A trial standard scale jump !!!
    Big fuss, a beef stick, and quit while you are ahead.
    I wish that Heel Free could be taught as quickly.
  19. GsdSlave

GsdSlave Member

Name:
    Vee
    CaroleC likes this.
    I think you’ve both done wonders considering the time you’ve had her and being an ex show bitch.
  20. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    @GsdSlave There has to be an occasional plus side to make up for being quite unreliable off lead, barking when she is left at home, and the occasional wet bed!
  21. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    FlyingBeag.jpg

The Flying Beagle flaps her ears again!

However, poor Merry has had a bad week. I cleaned her teeth last Saturday, but on Wednesday I noticed that she had broken her left carnassial tooth - the same one that Eddie broke last year! Since then, all bones have been banned, but they have had a couple of pieces of antler. There was a piece in the middle of the floor on Tuesday morning, and she was a little quiet that day. The antlers have now been thrown out.
    I phoned my vet and was told that they could only offer an extraction, which I didn't really want as Eddie has looked lop-sided, and drooled ever since his giant tooth was taken out. I have managed to locate a vet who does (KC legal), root canal work, but he is such a busy chap that I am having trouble actually getting to speak to him - two calls to base, two emails, and one voicemail - but no reply as yet. In the meantime brave Merry is coping very well, but her tooth is discolouring, and I feel like a pathetic excuse for a Beaglemum, even though I am doing everything I can.