Southern counties Lurcher club. General Chat

Discussion in 'Lurcher Forum' started by chaz, Aug 1, 2011.

1. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie

Southern counties Lurcher club.

Has anyone heard of them? I was walking the dogs ealier and got to talking to someone with a five year old Grey, and we got to talking, her and her husband have owned five Lurchers, and are now on their third Grey, and I walked the way round talking to her and then met her husband, they had previously worked their Lurchers (they were surprised that Diesel wasn't wanted for working until I told them about his foot, and loved Honey and threatened to put her in their car, Honey loved he man, but he did have treats ;-)) but they asked me whether I worked mine, and I told them no, and they said that they use to show theirs and do lure coursing (and lamped but not with the group) with a local group called the Southern counties Lurcher club, but said it the name might be slighty different, now if I were to go anywhere like this I would want at least to get a x-ray of Diesel's dappy toe to make sure that they are fit enough, but I would like to watch at least, espcially as she mentioned a obience section where the dogs have to jump a five foot fence, lay down on command on the other side and then return back over the board, it really seems somewhere were I could loose myself for a day easily, but I can't find it on google, so has anyone heard of it or anything? I'm just hoping that its still going as thats the only real lead I've got of somewhere like this local to me, and as I don't drive I would have to rely on public transport or lifts, and that can be hard :(.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. cava14una

cava14una New Member

Name:
    Anne
  4. chaz

chaz New Member

Name:
    Charlie
    Ooh thank you, I'll contact them and see what they know :mrgreen:.