Spinone breeders in the UK General Chat

Discussion in 'Italian Spinone' started by one.eyed.dog, Oct 5, 2010.

1. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie

Spinone breeders in the UK

I am thinking (only thinking at this stage) of getting a Spinone. i was going to get one when I lost my last dog but, lottie GWP turned up in rescue and I fell for her so Spinone was put on hold.

I was going to use the Aspenwood breeder. Had met a vet who had one of her dogs and she said the place was no puppy farm and she had no concerns about the place not looking after the dogs at all.

Just been on the site and they are now doing cockerpoos and curly spins??

Does anyone have any knowledge of this breeder?

I was in contact with her about a pup when my last dog died and she asked me loads of questions and seemed very nice. All parents can be seen and she wanted me to meet her dogs so she could see what I thought before I considered a pup.

She does take dogs back but, hardley ever has them handed back.

To be honest, i do not really want a pup but, I can't find a rescue one.
    I just want to suss out a decent breeder at this stage so, if I do go ahead I have already done my homework.
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    When I was at Crufts this year I had a long chat with one of the nice ladies on the spinone rescue stand, think their waiting list tends to be quite long but depending on when you were thinking is convenient to have another dog it might be worth contacting them even if it;s just for extra info. When I was looking at spinones I was looking at Aspenwood too, they seemed to one of the better breeders.
  4. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    There's an idea. The only thing that puts me off registering now for a Spinone is the last time I did similar (another rescue totally) is that they started getting really pushy.
    Do you recomend a rescue I can register with please? x
  5. Jessi Clark

Jessi Clark New Member

Name:
    Jess
    I found italian spinone.co.uk - typed without the spaces, not sure if it would be allowed in it's entirety on here! - really useful when I was looking at the breed initially, as well as having contact details for the breed rescue they also have fab stories of what it's like to actually live with a, or indeed several, spins. Hope this is useful. x
  6. one.eyed.dog

one.eyed.dog New Member

Name:
    Ellie
    Brilliant. Thank you.
  7. Delos

Delos New Member

Name:
    no
    We have a friend with a Spinone (sadly she was PTS recently). She was a lovely dog great nature and very intelligent. Her daughters first words was the Dogs name.:mrgreen: