Springador puppy frenzy General Chat

Discussion in 'Working Dogs Forum' started by Karolina, Jan 5, 2018.

1. Karolina

Karolina New Member

Name:
    Karola
    We actually have earplugs! I'm smiling now thinking how much we've gone through for the last month but it's been so interesting really :D I love him so much! Dogs are the best!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    I asked about the crate because it worked really well, we knew we wouldn’t want him wandering around the house whilst we were out
    We also wanted him to be happily in his crate if we had any visitors that either don’t like dogs or Yoji wasn’t trained well enough because of his age
    He is 1 now and the crate has been dismantled and put away
    So, you may re think the crate, since, you chose to have one
    When he is tired after playtime you may encourage him in to the crate with treats
    Leave the door open but encourage him to stay in with treat every minute or so at the end away from the door
    If he seems calm give him a treat and something to chew on and then close the door
    Every few minutes give him a treat, it will be no time at all before he realises that the crate isn’t all that bad
    If he is tired and he is happy chewing you will see he should then go to sleep
    All I would say is, don’t let him out if he is shouting at you/barking as he will work that trick out quite quickly
    Wait for a quite moment and then let him out
    The crate gave us great peace of mind and we found even through the night we left the crate door open and when we came downstairs he was asleep in his crate
    Don’t see it as a cage, it’s just his bedroom!
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Try being hard of hearing... when Tikva eeps "wanna go out for a pee pee" you either pretend you cannot hear her or just say Forty Two - dog goes out for a pee and maybe a little straight into bed,

And " Forty Two works every timel
  5. CaroleC

CaroleC Member

Name:
    Carole
    A lot of owners have a resistance to using a crate, but made snug inside, and covered with a blanket, it really becomes a place of refuge for the dog. A crate is one of the safest methods for transporting a dog by car, and can be so useful if you need to stay with relatives, or in a hotel. Hospitalisation at the vet's is also less stressful if the animal has been used to a similar environment at home.
    Each to his own, but I find crates to be a great asset.
  6. Karolina

Karolina New Member

Name:
    Karola
    CaroleC likes this.
    Hi, wanted to do little Koda update :)
    His frenzy time is much better.
    He is a very good boy with occasional outbursts of temper usually in the evening.
    He is also much better with biting and barking.
    Overall we are happy with the progress he made and I think having a set routine helped a lot.
    He had his first class at school and he did ok. Was a bit scared and didn’t really engage with other puppies but we think it is just a matter of time. He is ok with big dogs, just a bit shy. Next class is tomorrow so fingers crossed! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

7. My bear Yoji

My bear Yoji Member

Name:
    Philippa
    That’s great news and lovely to hear, thank you for reporting back
  8. AliceGrace123

AliceGrace123 New Member

Name:
    Alice
    Karolina, he is gorgeous - what breeder did you get him from? Do you still have their details? I've been searching for ages for 3/4 springer 1/4 lab ratio to no avail!
  9. AliceGrace123

AliceGrace123 New Member

Name:
    Alice