Staffy Cross French Bull dog...breeding? Controversial

Discussion in 'Staffordshire Bull Terrier' started by stephannie88, Sep 14, 2009.

1. stephannie88

stephannie88 New Member

Name:
    Stephannie

Staffy Cross French Bull dog...breeding?

Ive got a staffy bitch and have been offered to mate her with a French Bull dog, I have done 100's of google searches but cannot find alot of information about them, seen a few stunning pictures and am very happy with what i see as they look gorgous, im just stuck on a price, does anyone have a rough price you think i should sell these for as i have no idea?!
    Please help me and give me your thoughts

Steph
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    My thought is dont do it!!

Why do you want to breed from her? To make money? Who would want a staff x french bulldog? Do you realise how many dogs are in rescue right now without adding to the number of dogs in this world.
  4. Collie Convert

Collie Convert

Name:
    layla
    there are too many staff and staff crosses in rescue!! please dont breed from her!

Having pups is the most dangerous time in a bitch's life they can have so many complications- do you really want to risk your dog dying? or facing huge vet bills if things dont go to plan?

also you should have your dog health tested with all the relevant tests with good results otherwise if you sell on puppies who then become ill with one of these problems you could have tested for, you will be liable for not doing everything you could to produce a healthy pup.
    Breeding costs money, time and emotional heartbreak at times.
    please dont do it.
  5. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    Hi there:)

I'm sorry to be so negative on your first post as I don't want you to think we are unfriendly, but I have to agree with Honeysmummy.

What would be the benefits in crossing these two breeds? As honeysmummy says, there are thousands of staffie and staffie crosses in rescue. What will you do if you can't sell the pups or if you sell them and the new owners want to give them back after a few weeks/months or even years?

I'd also be asking why the french bulldog owner wants to cross with a staffie...frenchies are much rarer and I'd be very suspicious about a french bulldog owner wanting to mate him with a staffie - makes me think that there is something wrong with the dog /he is not good enough to mate with a french bulldog bitch.
  6. stephannie88

stephannie88 New Member

Name:
    Stephannie
    Ive been breeding from her for 2 years now with other staffy's and had no problems with any pregnancy's, birth's, puppies etc. The reason is becuase ive seen pictures and they are stunning dogs its not for the money its because i lvoe doing it, ive been doing it for 4 years. The french bull dog wants to breed with my staffy as she is my sister-in-law and we both have stunning dogs, and he hasnt been mated before and this would be a trial for him to see if he is fertile, if he is he will then maybe good for a stud dog, this will be proof he can do his business!
  7. Alphatest

Alphatest Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
  8. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass
    Is this a wind up??
  9. stephannie88

stephannie88 New Member

Name:
    Stephannie
    No its not, why would it be? Im being genuine?!?!?
  10. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    If they are both so stunning, do all the relevant health tests, and breed them with other dogs of their own breed - to carry on making other stunning dogs of the same breed, not mongrels.

Have you heard of L2-HGA?

Can you take the all the puppies back if the new owners can't cope?
  11. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Hi

As everyone so far has commented, what would be the purpose of the breeding? as a Staffie owner you are probably aware that as a breed, they are the most numerous dog in rescue centres. There are more homeless Staffies and Staffie crosses then ANY other breed. I am sure the reason you own a Staffie is because you love and are passionate about the welfare of the breed (like we ALL do with our chosen breeds!), so you really have to ask yourself what you would be achieving by crossing your girl with another entirely different breed. Or indeed, breeding her at all.

Taking into account the number of Staffies in rescue (including plenty of puppies, sadly), do you think that you could you honestly find potentially 10 or more homes for cross breed puppies? the type of people inquiring about Staffie crosses (with no papers/health testing, etc.) may not be the type of people you want to sell your girls puppies to, if you catch my drift. Then there is the very likely situation of what happens if you fail to sell all the puppies. The potential of you being stuck with 4 or 5 bouncy, bitey, destructive 16-week-old Staffie cross pups that you cannot find homes for is very real.

If I were in your shoes, I would politely decline the offer of the stud dog owner and have your bitch spayed. Both you AND her will be much happier not having to deal with the work, planning and potential heartbreak required for raising a litter.
  12. honeysmummy

honeysmummy New Member

Name:
    Cass

Do you think your bitch loves it????????????????
    How selfish:evil:
  13. labradork

labradork New Member

Name:
    labradork
    Because if you genuinely cared about your breed, and not just using your bitch as a puppy making/breeding machine, you wouldn't even be asking this question.
  14. Hali

Hali New Member

Name:
    Fiona
    I'm almost frightened to ask how many litters she has had in this two years and how old she is now.
  15. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    PLEASE DONT.

Consider the amount of staffy crosses that are PTS every day in rescue centres up and down this country.

THERE IS NO NEED TO BREED.

please please please dont. I work for staffie rescue we can barely rehome the ones we get in without starting on more crosses.

Having just read the rest of this thread, makes me just want to cry really.

If you love your staffie so much, dont add to the existing problem we already have in this country, by breeding more crosses all you are doing is adding to the amount of papered staffie pedigrees that are abandoned and PTS for no other reason than their breed every day. Thats fact, your bitch has had enough puppies and you should let her live in peace with no more litters.

I despair I honestly do.
  16. sbt4eva

sbt4eva New Member

Name:
    tracie
    Tell me your winding us up please.
    You say you have been breeding from her for 2yrs..
    How old is she and hope you havent done back to back matings.Theres more to a dog than looks,i would not dream of doing this mating for all the obvious reasons.
    Its not right and not fair on your bitch..dont do it.
  17. stephannie88

stephannie88 New Member

Name:
    Stephannie
    She is 3 and a half and only had 2 litters, reading back on my post it does sound like ive been using her as a breeding machine and thats not how it is. Both litters i could tell she enjoyed having her pups, we had a great time, the only downside was she was a bit sad for 3-4days after the last pup went.
    dont know why i bothered to be honest forget it!
  18. Loki's mum

Loki's mum Member

Name:
    Gill
    clip clop...who's that going over my bridge??!!:lol:
  19. Brundog

Brundog New Member

Name:
    Dani
    but thats exactly why we bother.
    3 1/2 - 2 litters so first at 2 and then the second almost straight after really??

just not responsible breeding and if you were genuine you wouldnt entertain breeding your staffie with a french bulldog.

end of.

clip clop is right.
  20. Hevvur

Hevvur New Member

Name:
    Heather
    Poor thing :(
    Would you let your 7 year old, or 10 year old daughters have a baby? (not saying you have daughters this age, but a 1 or 2 year old dog is a BABY)
  21. Benzmum

Benzmum New Member

Name:
    Lynne
    Please please don't breed her. She may be a lovely specimen as may the dog be but that is not a reason to breed. I don't normally get involved in these threads but this one upset me. If you love your wee girl as much as you say you do then why put herthrough that again. There is no guarantee this pregnancy will be as "good" as the others.

As for price.....for a cross breed? Well...a token payment to ensure the new homes are genuine. Not the mega bucks you may expect for a "rare french bull terrier"

Need Patch back to go and make some soup!