Swedish Lapphund General Chat

Discussion in 'Swedish Lapphund' started by laplady, Oct 30, 2014.

1. laplady

laplady New Member

Name:
    Tricia
    CaroleC, 6JRT's and Azz like this.

Swedish Lapphund

Hi, well I have writen a little about my two Finnish Lapphunds now a few words about my Swedish Lap
    Herding Instinct's Lihkku Bevviin "Odet" who was born on my birthday and I imported her from Sweden in 2012.She is my 4th Swedish Lapphund, Odet is only one of 10 to 15 dogs in the UK very rare breed, and the only one being shown.

I first owned Swedish Lapphunds in the 1990's when they were becoming quite popular and then because of their being such a small gene pool health problems started to develope, and they declined in number.
    Once you have owned a lappy the breed gets under your skin. Ive had a lot of success in the show ring with Odet getting Top Puppy Crufts 2013 and best bitch and best Import at Crufts in March 2014.

The Swedish is very similar in many ways to the Finnish Lapphund but I believe that they are quicker brained than the Finnish, having a double coat they cast in the same way as the Finnish, the only colours are black and very rarely bear brown. There used in the same way as the Finnish and have been found to be excellent search and rescue dogs.

Attached Files:

2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Beautiful :049:
  4. Janet

Janet Member

Name:
    Janet
    Gorgeous - glorious coat.
  5. Azz

Azz Adminstrator

Name:
    Azz
    Very cute :049: well done on their success in the show ring too - I am not surprised they are stunners :D