The girlie does the twirlies! General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    CaroleC and Pork1epe1 like this.

The girlie does the twirlies!

Tikva always does an anti-clockwise twirly on her hind legs when I am getting her evening "wet" meal prepared. She did it from a very young puppy, well, once she was capable of doing it!

So, when she decides it is bedtime she always tells me by going out for a final pee, coming in and waiting to be unclipped from her tether, then rushes through into the bedroom and waits on my bed for me to appear with the little special bikki she has when she goes into her crate.

The door at the side of her crate is always closed [I use it in order to reach in and change her bedding] so she goes in and out by the smaller door at the end, the one that faces the door. Only I keep it pushed to until I am ready for her to go in. Which is when I have had time to get undressed, made sure all the trissim are closed, and the a/c set [only on 28°C just to take the heat off].

Tikki then starts doing her anti-clockwise twirlies - all four legs this time - and she has such a grin on her face as she goes round and round and round - until I open the door to her crate and she just has to give me one more twirly before she goes in, gets her bikki, and I close the door. Ahhhhh!

By the time I have come into the salon, put all her toys away, put the computer to sleep, checked the door is locked etc, teeth brushed and then one last visit to the loo for me, lights off and into bed, the twirly girl is curled up on her sleeping mat at the end of her crate, fast azonk.

Bless her!
    [​IMG]
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Creatures of habit - whichever way they twirl lol
  4. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Yes, but what made her decide to do twirlies in the first place Phil? And I can tell from her expression that she thinks it is kef - fun - and no way did I teach her or encourage her.

She just seems to think that doing twirlies before she goes into her crate for the night is - is what? - not that I let her into her crate any quicker - but she knows that I just sit on the bed smiling at her.

Tikki Tikva is just my little twirly girly and I love her. Horrid little booga though she is at times!
  5. Phil

Phil Fondly Remembered

Name:
    Phil
    Malka likes this.
    Who knows - I've had a few 'twirlers' over the years - Currently Breagh.
  6. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Phil likes this.
    Sooner you than me Phil - Breagh is a lot, and I mean a lot bigger than tiddly twiddly Tikva!

The thing is that had I tried to teach Tikki there is no way she would have twirled. I am not saying she would not understand what I want her to do but she is the most stubborn don' wanna little dog ever.

She just started twirling and I guess that when she saw me smiling she did it again. And again. But she will not do it if I ask her, just while I sit and watch her.

And so far her record is eight twiddly twirlies with yet another one when I finally let her in to her crate. And give her her little special bikki, of course.

She is far from perfect but she is a very happy, independent little wubble, so what more could I ask? Especially considering the bad start she had.
  7. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka likes this.
    with Rosie it's a crawl. She's done it from day one. She just loves to crawl - again not taught but a natural behaviour for her
  8. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    The strange thing is that this is a fairly recent thing for Tikva. The same as her telling me that she wants to go to bed, ie in her crate, at the time she decides when she has been zonking on the couch for ages, whereas she used to wait until I reckoned it was bedtime - sent her out for a last pee and then unclipped her when she came in.

Now she is telling me when she wants the final pee and then bed, and I have no idea why she started the twirlies. But then again Tikva is a strange little girl who thinks the world belongs to her and she can do what she wants, although mostly she is really good.

She obviously loves her crate and does not even stir when I go to bed, although she is aware of when I get up during the night for the loo, but she just ignores it and does not eep to get up until a good time in the morning.