The Wire Fox Terrier - Anyone have experience of them? General Chat

Discussion in 'Wire Fox Terrier' started by Murf, Oct 26, 2011.

1. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf

The Wire Fox Terrier - Anyone have experience of them?

I saw a wire fox terrier today and at first i thought it was in some sort of clothing but on a second look it had different colour legs ..lol
    Any one got any experience with them ???
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. cravencraven

cravencraven New Member

Name:
    fiona
    No,but 2 have just walked past me when I was having a crafty ciggie outside of work.:grin:
  4. Murf

Murf New Member

Name:
    murf
    on the spot info there .lol
  5. Kerryowner

Kerryowner

Name:
    Stephanie
    I liked the one who starred in the Poirot film "Dumb Witness". She stole every scene she as in-David Suchet was out-acted by the dog!
    In real life she was called "Snubby".

I rarely see these yet they used to be very popular about 50 or 60 years ago. I guess it is all the trimming they need and they probably have too much terrier temperament for most people! My work colleague had one when she was a child and she said it was a great character.
  6. leadstaffs

leadstaffs New Member

Name:
    Chris
    Wire foxes are still the most popular breed of the medium sized long leg terriers.

I have never owned a wire Fox but had a smooth fox living here with me this summer.

People often show and own both breeds. The smooth is the leasts popular in terms of numbers but have no idea why.

The Smooth was a pleasure to own such a sweetie but they do have a different shaped head and expression.
  7. Meg

Meg Global Moderator

Name:
    Meg
    Murph :) they used to be very popular when I was a girl in the 50s :) I think due partly to the popularity of Asta in a TV programme called 'The Thin Man'.

Who among the long standing members of Dogsey (then 'Dogweb' ) will ever forget dear little Archie sadly no longer with us. ..:-(

http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=13349