There is a saying ... General Chat

Discussion in 'General Dog Chat' started by Malka, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

There is a saying ...

...that there is correct time and there is Israeli time. Tikva's veggies were running out - no, not the veggies running out but the frozen mixed veggies in the freezer were just about gone. This was on Friday and there was just enough for yesterday and today.

So I telephoned Avner this morning and asked if he could please bring me three packs of the frozen veggies, and while he was about it could he please bring me two large butternut squashes and a cauliflower. No problem, he said - or this evening or tomorrow. This evening please Avner as I do not have any veggies for Tikva's evening meal tomorrow. No problem, he said.

So I waited... and waited... and come 9pm I called him again. And this is where Israeli time comes in. I will be there in ten minutes, he said. Exactly one hour later he turned up!

Mind you he did take them through, putting the three packs of mixed frozen veggies in ThreeBees and the fresh stuff in the kitchen, saying "cheque" as he went through. But he confused Tikki as he has a new car which she did not recognise until she saw him!
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    Having just decanted one of the 1 kilo packs of frozen veggies into five plastic containers, just half filling each one, each being enough to add to two evening meals for Tikva, it was four in the freezer and one out to defrost for this evening's meal.

I do not know from which supermarket Avner buys them, although with no price sticker on them there is no way of knowing, but apart from major supermarket chains who have their own brand on the label - no doubt from the main frozen vegetable suppliers, Sunfrost, which pack their products in 800gm packs, the name [in Ivrit] on these reads as Solfrost - "sol" meaning sun. I actually do not worry about prices as they are what I want and I have no way of getting them myself, although he presumably adds a bit for delivery. Probably far less for a taxi to go to a shopping centre or downtown. And I have not been able to access the shuk [market] for years as it is definitely not wheel-friendly.

Sunfrost do have two packs of mixed vegetables but one has large chopped vegetables which do not contain the variety of these, the other also with large chopped veggies which are sold as stewpacks and which contain baby onions. Definitely a no-no for dogs.

Strange - Avner was useless with some things he stocked when he had the lease of the macolet, and he had it twice, with two other people having the lease in between each time. He would buy far too much fruit and vegetables, a lot of which ended up in cartons outside - ideal for me as I could pick up the reasonable [cut the rotten/soft bits off] for Pereg, whereas Hai only gets sufficient until he will replanish his stock. Same with bread and rolls. And he had a load of tchotkes [worthless house and garden ornaments and "stuff" whereas Hai does not carry any of that.

And yet Avner will get me things that the macolet does not stock - I think he just works now on doing the same for many others as he is obviously doing well having bought a new car. Or maybe he has another business in town and just does this for people on the Moshav, as he only ever brings stuff in the evenings? But he is worth his weight in gold, and there is a heck of a lot of him!