Tikva has done it again General Chat

Discussion in 'Crossbreeds Forum' started by Malka, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli

Tikva has done it again

Da little booga came strolling in, leapt up on the couch, leaving her harness outside, half way up the path, still clipped onto her tether.

I had changed her purple harness, which needed washing, to a new pink one and even though these harnesses have four good size "parachute" clips for the top section, to clip onto the chest plate, I probably had not checked they were all well done up. And one of the clips for the part that goes in front of her front legs had obviously opened. She is such a wriggler that it takes ages to put these harnesses on but this is the first time I had not made 100% sure it was on and firmly done up.

[​IMG]

That shows the chest plate - the do-ups, which are adjustable, are on each corner and clip onto the top which has a handle on it to hoik her up.

Anyhow, she got her other front leg out, leaving the harness round her skinny waist...

...and walked out of it! :043:
  2. Registered users won't see this advert. Sign up for free!

3. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    It definitely was not my fault as Tikva has just done it again - strolled in minus her harness and tether, and yet I had checked all the clips before she went out. So she is back to the purple harness and I have no idea how the clip on the pink one [same clip as before] could have opened.

I undid all clips, did them up again and as hard as I pulled I could not get that clip to open, but this is the second day in a row that she has walked out of the harness and come in leaving it behind. I am not going to risk it happening again so will have to write that harness off. Today, being Shabbat, there are no vehicles on the Moshav but there were yesterday and will be again after Shabbat is over.

Far better to write the harness off as a loss that lose my little Tikki, and with no Post Office here, just in town, it would cost a small fortune to return it.

Booga
  4. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    Malka and CaroleC like this.
    It's reminiscent of my old lad, Sam. I bought a seat belt harness for him. It took him all of 20 seconds to work out that if he sat on the clip it opened. Once he'd worked it out (that first 20 seconds) the flaming thing was neither use nor ornament :)
  5. Malka

Malka Member

Name:
    Juli
    There is no way Tikva could reach that clip as it was on the strap that goes over her shoulder, and even I have difficulty undoing the clips on these harnesses.

I had the pink harness hanging on the handle of my chair, and when Rafi, Shulamit's husband brought something over for me, even he could not open the clip by pulling the straps each side of it. He also commented that the clips themselves are very strong and need a lot of pressure each side to open them normally.

As for car safety, Tikki does not have a special seat belt harness, she has an adjustable strap [like a short leash], one end of which clips onto the D-ring on her harness, the other end slotting into where a regular car seat belt does. As she is little she obviously has it adjusted to the shortest length, but full length would fit a large dog.
  6. Chris B

Chris B Member

Name:
    Chris
    That's the type of thing I had for Sam (strap fitting into the seatbelt holder) It was sitting on the seatbelt holder that released the strap :). I have the same thing for Rosie and she has found a different way to release the strap from her harness. If she twists round, the strap tend to tighten around the clip that fits to her harness and, hey presto, freedom.

Who said dogs aren't clever and can't reason things out lol